• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tin Top Buggy

Today I was able to get it off the jack stands. It sits at 14.5" at full bump. The wheel base was stretched to 112".

Fine looking rig. I like them with a full body too!

What is the reason for running the bolts vertical on the axle end of the rear upper links?

twostep said:
Fine looking rig. I like them with a full body too!

What is the reason for running the bolts vertical on the axle end of the rear upper links?

That's just how ruffstuffmakes them. They say it's the strongest way to run em but I just liked the bracket.

Definitely my favorite body style. I've had a few tintops, none that awesome looking!

twostep said:

Side to side loading being applied on the heim full body instead of only on the lip that holds the ball in.

IDK if I'm clear ???

Rjhoward32006 said:
I oticed you plated the frame on the front, why not for the rear? Just wondering if it will try and rip the frame open.

The rear is plated and will be getting a long boxed gusset from the frame to the tube.

Love this build. Tin tops look so badass done up like this. This is something like I wanna build whenever my boy gets old enough to go riding. Keep up the good work!

My job has me working in NY until the end of the month so no new updates. Other than I'm collecting parts for an AW4/A340 auto instead of the 5 spd.

I highly encourage that move, I absolutely love my a340 and chain drive case. I thought they would break easily and I have purposely tried to break them. So far they have survived a good 40-50 5k neutral bombs. Bad thing is that you can't get lower t-case gearing in the chain drive