• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Cutting/grooving?

The one Corey has is way faster than mine, but costs 10x as much...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Brian probably has the same one as Corey or similar...

Unless you plan on charging people to do their tires, I don't think it's worth paying that much more for one...

The cheap one works fine, you just need to find the right rhythm... Then it starts moving right along...

Same groover our club has....it does work! Gonna do my LTB's when I get spare time....:redneck:

Like that is going to happen!!:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

I did my 33 ProComps and it took right at an hour per tire, which included marking the tires before hand. I used a welder's paint stick and a speed square to mark the tires and it worked great

Van alstein g1000 ftmfw. Load up the tires and head to Monroe Mav. pm me for directions.

Your know crash ain't watching because he's busy and your on here tryin to make a Buck without paying for the blue star. Get the **** outta here

I actually like Brian and dont mind that he does not have a blue star... I vote you out of my thread.

My bad. I thought you had to be an approved vendor to advertise your services on this site. If I owned a tire shop and donated $100 to this forum for advertisement privileges and average Joe who paid nothing under cut me I would be pissed. Sorry Brian.

And i said id do it for free! Well not really, I'll show him how its done and he can do it himself.:beer:

The offer was to him or anyone else that wants it done. Free is a better deal .:awesomework:

Brad and I have the same groover you posted...

It is slow, but gets the job done for cheap.

Way faster if you heat the tires up first... put them out in the sun, by a jet furnace, fireplace, etc...

Some tires just DONT wanna cut well with that groover as the rubber is too hard. My old Michelin XZL's wouldn't cut for **** with it.. would have taken me 2 ****ing years to cut them, so 1 tire got 1/2 way cut and I stopped.

Brad had the H1 Goodyear MT's.. started to cut them with that, and said **** it and bought the chainsaw wheel for the 4" angle grinder. Worked like a champ.

For softer tires like TSL's, IROKS, my Pitbulls, etc.. the cheap one works just fine for the average joe...