• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tire mounting

I think the going rate is $5-10 ea. at most tire shops. Maybe less if you hook up with someone when they are bored.

Or for ~$40 you can buy HF's "portable" tire changer and a little sweat equity. Easier than prybar's if you aren't proficient that way, and pays for its self after a couple jobs. Bolt it to your garage floor when you need it, then unbolt it and stuff it in a corner for next time.... or sell it on CL for $30 and it only cost you $10 for the whole job :D
________
ASIAN YOUNG

Last edited:
why does that make a difference a tire is a tire you take it off and put it on the same:haha:

come over then:corn: , I have a 38x12.5 TSL bias ply for ya to dismount:fawkdancesmiley: . Tires are tires right?:awesomework: I have mounted (4) 39s in under an hour EASY while talking to a friend and then struggled for over an hour on "ONE" 33" SSR because it wouldn't seat on the bead, plus mount/dismount was a PITA.... But hey, tires are tires rgiht?:awesomework:

You change oil, not tires:fawkdancesmiley: :kiss: ...or used to.....?:eeek:

come over then:corn: , I have a 38x12.5 TSL bias ply for ya to dismount:fawkdancesmiley: . Tires are tires right?:awesomework: I have mounted (4) 39s in under an hour EASY while talking to a friend and then struggled for over an hour on "ONE" 33" SSR because it wouldn't seat on the bead, plus mount/dismount was a PITA.... But hey, tires are tires rgiht?:awesomework:

You change oil, not tires:fawkdancesmiley: :kiss: ...or used to.....?:eeek:

Bring it on over..... I'll do it. Have done it before:;

Most of the difference in how hard tires are to mount and dismount is because of the drop center of the wheel. Tires themselves play a small part but it is usually the wheels that make the difference. As far as lube. All that is is liquid soap. I would help you do it if you wanted to come to Yakima.

Most of the difference in how hard tires are to mount and dismount is because of the drop center of the wheel. Tires themselves play a small part but it is usually the wheels that make the difference. As far as lube. All that is is liquid soap. I would help you do it if you wanted to come to Yakima.

:eeek: Are you serious? It has more to do with the sidewall and bead of the tire than the rim.