• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tire pressure

djewell

if indeed my 37' bfg's are blue labels what is a safe tire pressure to start with on my samurai. previous owner had them at 7 psi but it didnt want to turn when stopped , even with hydraulic assist steering , it would kill the motor

djewell said:
if indeed my 37' bfg's are blue labels what is a safe tire pressure to start with on my samurai. previous owner had them at 7 psi but it didnt want to turn when stopped , even with hydraulic assist steering , it would kill the motor

For side wall strength Krawlers seem to like 10-12 just fine, but being a lighter rig, 9 may be a good compromise

muddinmetal said:
For side wall strength Krawlers seem to like 10-12 just fine, but being a lighter rig, 9 may be a good compromise

I've had 2 sets of blues on jeeps. 10 was my sweet spot.

yes it is still on the same beadlocks , ive seen post on throttle bump switches would this help or just idle it up a small amount. i have them at 10 now with minimal sidewall flex

This pertains to red labels but everyone always told me to run the reds a little bit higher pai than normal so i ran 12 psi. Busted a hole in one the first trip out.
Ever since i've been running maybe 4-5 psi. On a toyota buggy. Works very well, lets the sidewall curve to the rock instead of sliding past it and cutting it

Lol, You're not aired down on a Samurai till 3lbs. I ran blue label KXs for a short time (same old hard compound as the regular BFG M/Ts) -they need all the help they can get! I would start @ 4lbs front and 3lbs rear.