• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tire pressure

monsteryota

I am going to elbe this sat and i was wondering what would the best pressure for me to run be i am running 33x12.5 thornbirds on a toyota shortbed please let me know before then thanks Dustin

That would depend on you and you ability to put air back into the tire....lower pressure = better traction even with thornturds

I ran 5lbs last weekend with 34 10.5 15 tsl's, and did fine. I have beadlocks though. I don't know if I would go lower than 10 without them.

I wouldnt go anylower than 10-12 pounds since your going to be bouncing off of roots and such. As asked above do you have air with you and the ability to reset a blown bead ? if not then dont go below 15

What trails are you planning on running, and with who? I dont want to see another thread on sunday about how your truck is stuck with both front CV's broken, and the motor hydrolocked. It's been pretty snotty out lately.

Dustin, Whats your last name? I grew up in spanaway, just curious.

I would not go anything less than 15 without beads. If your looking for traction lock up the rear...or buy a jeep:fawkdancesmiley:

You on 8 inch wheels?
stay around 12, maybe 10 if you feel lucky.
I used to run 8 but got sick of popping beads.
I also had 10.5 wide tires on 8 inch wheels.

What trails are you planning on running, and with who? I dont want to see another thread on sunday about how your truck is stuck with both front CV's broken, and the motor hydrolocked. It's been pretty snotty out lately.

I already told him to stay off the busy :awesomework:

That would depend on you and you ability to put air back into the tire....lower pressure = better traction even with thornturds

X2; Although I run 7psi in my 35x12.5 LTB's on 8" wheel; My beadlocks are sittin in the shop...:booo:

start at 2-5 psi. If you lose a bead re-seat it then run 6 psi. If you lose a bead at 6 psi re-seat it and run 7 psi. continue this process until you no longer lose a bead. And that is the pressure you want for your application and driving style :awesomework:

:haha:

Last edited:
start at 2-5 psi. If you lose a bead re-seat it then run 6 psi. If you lose a bead at 6 psi re-seat it and run 7 psi. continue this process until you no longer lose a bead. And that is the pressure you want for your application and driving style :awesomework:

:haha:

Holy crap that's like $1000 worth of starting fluid!:haha::redneck:

With Thornbirds air pressure doesn't matter you're already stuck you just don't know it yet. Stay away from wet grass and you might be OK.:redneck:

I really hope you have a GOOD winch and a buddy that LOVES to pull cable with you running those tires in ELBE. I bought my 81 toyota with 33" thornbords 7 years ago, and within a day they were off....yes you can get stuck in a dirt parking lot with thornbirds. :haha:

On a side note I run 4-8 lbs depending on if it's snow or just dirt/icky trails with 10" reverse offset wheels w/2.5 inch backspacing and 37-13-15 boggers. I've been lucky and not lost a bead yet with that combo of tire/wheel and pressure

my personal recomendation would be stay with atleast fifteen just cuz the weather up there is still iffy and you dont have good enough spares bro, also that air compressor you have isnt to huge. but tell me how it goes! get some pictures too.

i will be fine

i ave plenty of air brcause there are 3 air compressors there and also 3 spares that are 35s so i am set just fine and i have 3 winches there too thanks everyone i just wondered what everyone was running up there

asdfa

welli ended up running 8 and i was just fine i didnt have a single problem getting over stuff really cause of the tires i did just fine thanks though

Kind a depends on your wheels and how tight they are seated to the tire. I run 7F / 5r and have never lost a bead yet.But I know I am right on the edge of it
The worse you are going to do is loose a bead and have to air it back up