• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire repair list (vulcanize)

Eddyj

This has been brought up a couple of times let's make a list. I'll keep it updated on first post. If you have any experience with a shop willing to vulcanize post up name and location. I'll do a thumb.gif for positive recommendations and a :dblthumb: for a hardline member.

ALABAMA:

Russellville- Holcomb tire (256) 332-3655 :dblthumb:

GEORGIA:

tallapoosa, GA......http://www.qualityretreads.com

cartersville, GA....http://www.actire.com/northgeorgia.htm

KENTUCKY:

Burnside- Triple S tire 606-561-0496

London, Hazard, and Pikeville - Cook tire

TENNESSEE:

Harriman- Tims tire (865) 882-8903 thumb.gif thumb.gif

Shelbyville- Landers tire (931) 684-4743 thumb.gif

Holcomb Tire & Recapping Services ?

Address: 312 Montgomery St SE, Russellville, AL 35653

Phone:(256) 332-3655
He is a member of hardline. And Great at fixing tires

Ted's Tire Service
1204 Montgomery Hwy
Centerville AL 35042

Small mom and pop style place. Prices vary from $30 (bad scuff, not leaking) to a 30 plug sidewall failure at $45.

Owners name is Ted Brown. Loves cash, no paper.

Cool story, first time I ever talked to Ted, I had been having trouble finding anybody in Birmingham to vulcanize (section).

I asked Ted if he could fix the tire. He says "Boy, can you through a cat through it?". I said what? He repeats, "Boy, can you throw a cat through the hole?". I tell him no, and he says "Then I can fix it"!!

JohnG said:
Ted's Tire Service
1204 Montgomery Hwy
Centerville AL 35042

Small mom and pop style place. Prices vary from $30 (bad scuff, not leaking) to a 30 plug sidewall failure at $45.

Cool story, first time I ever talked to Ted, I had been having trouble finding anybody in Birmingham to vulcanize (section).

I asked Ted if he could fix the tire. He says "Boy, can you through a cat through it?". I said what? He repeats, "Boy, can you throw a cat through the hole?". I tell him no, and he says "Then I can fix it"!!

:rolf: :wtflol:

JohnG said:
Ted's Tire Service
1204 Montgomery Hwy
Centerville AL 35042

Sounds like the guy that taught me to tig weld, said the only thing he couldn't weld was a broken heart and the crack of dawn.

Tims tire man. You can't tell where he did it at all. Plus he fixed a couple other spots that were tiny cuts (not leaking but still there) and it was $40. Had it done within 2 days.

Do not use GCR in Birmingham, Al. Looks like they patched it with their eyes closed and leaks like a strainer. Ted's for the win. thumb.gif