• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Tables - Was Maybe It's A Dumb Ass Idea

Maybe It's A Dumb Ass Idea

JohnG said:
Exactly what I had in mind. They are not on their website. Do you know if they still make them and about how much. I like the PVC, cafiteria tray idea too, got any pics?

My buddy says they are $130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Maybe It's A Dumb Ass Idea

JohnG said:
Am I the only one that sets all kind of stuff on the tires when working?

Hell no, I set more crap on the tires than on the bench. I seriously say I'm gonna build some sort of tray every time something falls off on the floor.

Re:

I wonder if we could find someone in the bham area with a 4x4 torchmate that could cut some out.....hmm who do we know......hmm :fish:

Well I have been working on this today. The next one I build will be a lot better. This one tacked together and taken apart several times. Have some changes to make in the programming. Put way too many tacks on it before realizing it had to come back apart. Ran out of steel, so the bottom has two patches!!!!!

https://vimeo.com/118759397

de9f8a01802d43a00909a6bbba8f8098.jpg

83d4c627f020fff5c3847e8aa7d00fcf.jpg

4e9fba847ff498a69bce18f71ca5b84c.jpg

Sent using left thumb.

THATS IT^^^^,,,,maybe add in some teethy bitin edges like the topper thingy has and BAM!

I want one :dblthumb:

You're gonna post something badass like that and NOT include the hardline member special price?!

Seriously, I'd buy at least two if you do end up selling some. Maybe you could do them as a weld it yourself kit? Make it a lot easier to ship.

Zero chance he is selling these...then he wouldnt have the only one!

bbone said:
Zero chance he is selling these...then he wouldnt have the only one!

There will only be one like that one!!!! Shitty welds and a two patch bottom. De-designing it again in CAD. Working on something bolt together. The 16 gauge does not weld good for me. Fine line between gobbing up and burning through.

And I am out of metal.

Hats off John G....for a cool idea and fast turn around!

Let me know when you get ready to ship me one to test..

Re:

Badass John... I've been thinking about one with hinged wings to store flat... No need to weld except the basket area.
What ya think?

Well, another complete re-draw today. Drew it last night to make it bolt together, only to find out I could not handle the width in the Swag Offroad Press Brake.

I thought I was working only with the limits of the Torchmate, which is 24" x 24". Then realized the press brake is not that wide. Some looking on the Swag Offroad site shows I can only bend 19" wide.

So, first redraw today fit properly, but wobbled on the tire. So, I remade the ends with an arch and at the same time added a hand hold to move it easier.

Here are some pics:

in next post!