• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires for tow rig ?

Re:

I liked toyo, and goodyear duratech ,I hate the bfgs I have now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Re:

I'm running nitto teragrapplers on mine. Pretty good traction in all conditions.
7f6d2b6870d40917b74fcef512324d04.jpg

I ran a set of nitto dura grapplers on my dodge and loved them for towing. They were super quiet and smooth on the highway and offered decent offroad traction.

My dually I ran bfg, they were ok good traction all around, lasted about 30,000 miles. Ran duratracs great in the snow, sand, terrible for towing, they were all over the place. Lasted about 20,000 miles. My current set are michelins not sure the letters but they are by far the best pulling tire out of the bunch. Not great in the snow like the duratracs but I have 40,000 on them and I'd say they are half tread

Anybody on here ever ran 35's on a dually? I've been wanting to lift my 12 Ram and I've seen a few but was curious about having to run a wheel spacer between the duals and what tire to run ?

Pineygroveoffroad said:
Anybody on here ever ran 35's on a dually? I've been wanting to lift my 12 Ram and I've seen a few but was curious about having to run a wheel spacer between the duals and what tire to run ?
I am running 285/75R17's, they come out to basically a 34x11.2 - they are actually to wide for the wheels, but they look good on the truck, in the rear I am not running spacers but I am unloaded and there is a very small gap, I do have 2" spacers that I will probably have to put back on when I throw the camper on back and the rig behind it. I will try and get pictures when the rain stops this week.

Just pulled off at set of Michelin at2 off of my 08 3500 CC Duramax with a work body. Tires had 75k on them and had plenty of life left. Best tire I've ever ran - hands down.

Had 44k on my Michelin at2's on my 2011 SRW duramax and still had about 1/2 tread. Awesome tires for the highway, sucked monkey balls in wet grass.

Pineygroveoffroad said:
Had an 07 dodge with 35s and 2 inch spacers between the duals, ran it that way for years, never had any problems

Stay away from Atturo tires. Thought I would save some money
Ended up costing me more in the long run. One went bad so I replaced. Broken belts . They would swell up like a ballon. Then another then another. 26000 miles 6 out of 8 bad. I was a dummy for going that far. But stay away. Lucky my family didn't get hurt. Go to Atturo tire facebook for my full review. For wear and traction I'd go with. Timberline Courser c/t