• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TJ temp guage

olllllllo

Ok, I know this is due to lack of maintenance, running it ragged, driving with flip flops, etc, etc.

BUT I'm used to running @ 210 all the time, suddenly I'm under the 1/4 mark on the guage, occasionally just above. It's not reliably showing any set temperature like I'm used to.

Doesn't seem to affect gas milage or how the engine runs (4cyl) or anything else.

Any ideas? (besides sell it, & buy a car) :wtf:

Ok, I know this is due to lack of maintenance, running it ragged, driving with flip flops, etc, etc.

BUT I'm used to running @ 210 all the time, suddenly I'm under the 1/4 mark on the guage, occasionally just above. It's not reliably showing any set temperature like I'm used to.

Doesn't seem to affect gas milage or how the engine runs (4cyl) or anything else.

Any ideas? (besides sell it, & buy a car) :wtf:

So the rig doen't seem to act any different?

Nope, still runs just as crappy as it always has. Just reads an inconsistant cooler indication.

Think I should glue my guage @ 210?

Nope, still runs just as crappy as it always has. Just reads an inconsistant cooler indication.

Think I should glue my guage @ 210?

Go out and start it when its cold--let it run for 7-8 minutes and shut it off. Stick your hand on the face of the radiator and see if its warm--if it is like shane says the t-stat is stuck open. Also does the heater take a long time to heat up(if the t-stat is stuck open then it will take a long time to get heat)

tap on the front of the gauge cluster and see it it jumps around my fuel gauge jumps to normal when I tap on the front of the cluster then the next bump or so it goes back to bveing all wacked out.

three possibles.

Stuck open t/stat. Cryslers are known to just fall apart just for fun. If so, be sure and get all the pieces out.

second, sending unit wire contamination. Drivers rear of head is the sender. If oily clean it, if coolant is dirty, take it out and clean it all before reinstall.

third, contacts on back of dash cluster are not making good contact. Take out and clean contacts. with small pick bend connecters in a bit to reestablish good contact and reinstall.

Go in order, 1,2,3 for repair.