• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To Cut Or Not To Cut????

poolman

Anyone else cut there 43sx stickies? I know TC has cut the last set or two. Is it only to help the bouncers who need more tire pressure? Or would it help the average trail rig? Or both?

Re: Showtime 2 spinoff

I agree, it would be hard to do man, buttttt if it helps, he'll we all do crazy shut to help a little, just thinking :dunno:

I was told not to cut them when I bought mine. If I wanted to cut em i would of bought non stickies. **** a bunch of cutting on a $700 tire.

I saw someone cut the rear set on they're buggy out pretty harsh, they did well in dirt and mud, not as well on the rocks, but chunked out bad with a little run time on them.

There is no way I would own a 43 sticky & not cut it! Those SOBs have 6 inch long lugs with no biting edges.... look at a 39 red... tons of little blocks

muddinmetal said:
There is no way I would own a 43 sticky & not cut it! Those SOBs have 6 inch long lugs with no biting edges.... look at a 39 red... tons of little blocks
That's right. It helps a lot. They're going to chunk out anyway.

Re:

Last 2 were bias, ones I'm cutting now are stickies. But with the difference i got out of the bias i expect no less from these. I am making the groove 3/8 this time instead of 1/2".

:got a set of stickeys in our group.... One ride an they are cut an chunked. Not horrible but I could only imagine if they were cut wat they would look like...... But I bet them bitches would pull like hell :****:

I'm bringing this back up, only because when I started this post onl :tc was cutting his stickies, ,, now I'm starting to see it a bunch. Thoughts?

It helps a good bit. Main thing I see is that the tire will still wrap around a rock with 8-10 psi in them instead of having to air down to 4-5 psi to make it happen. Easier/safer on wheels when you're carrying a little speed.

I see a lot more cut ones lately, I'm serious thinking about it if it will make them better? :dunno: