• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To run Water, or not run Water

I

InDaShop

I've read some on it, and am considering running water in my front tires.

Opinions? Ideas? Thoughts? Does it work, if so how well, how high to fill. Or what part doesnt work.

I air it out in XRRA Attica coming up. Have a distance race in October, and then KOH.
Smart choice?

Is anyone running water in XRRA ?

I know we-rock damn near everyone does in the fronts..... I have considered it just for fun to see how it affects my junk , I like to first hand stuff anymore since the interweb seems to get so polluted with opinions. laughing1

Not at KOH.

I rode with Mark in that give-away F-Toy and through the woops we found the bottom of every washout. It was bad! He was runnin 37" sticky swampers full of water to the top of the rim... bombin' the whoops in 4WD... That's the only broken 30 spline bobby long I've ever ridden along for laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

I dont think high speed and water is a good combination.

FIX YO FUGGIN STEERING !! That is / should be #1 priority numero uno no back talk get er did now dammit ! laughing1

Yeah that is my opinion on water as well. Its no good for go fast. Elf_cruiser (Phoenix guy, Wes) was at my house last night and we went to dinner with his pops. He coulnd't believe I wasn't running water.

AC runs water in his single seater for XRRA.

Rob, steering parts are sitting on my counter in the garage, PSC hooked it up. Tom is the man!

Doug and I talked about water in Hannibal. He likes water for WERock but not in XRRA high speed stuff. Seems like it would put an awful lot of strain on parts that is not necessary. Wheel speed is a bigger factor in my opinion.

InDaShop said:
Rob, steering parts are sitting on my counter in the garage, PSC hooked it up. Tom is the man!

Cool, I assume it will be setup for Attica ? I think it will make you much faster, watching the in cab's it seemed alot of time was killed manipulating steering and so forth. I know you fought it at Grayrock as well.... Anything that makes you that much quicker around the course is a must !!! :afro:

P said:
Cool, I assume it will be setup for Attica ?

Kelly will be shouldering nearly all prep for Attica. Buggy leaves for Kansas on Saturday.

Don't laugh.....I hurt the F out of my hand on Sunday, and am nearly out of commission. ONE ARM BANDIT!!!

I was doing a lot of buggy work and was needing to swap some tires and clean it, do a ball joint, and pack the trailer.
I need to get my dad out on friday night to help pack the trailer, I cant do it with one hand.

I got the axle painted, and was doing some stuff for the wife and well ended up in the ER. DOH!

InDaShop said:
Yeah that is my opinion on water as well. Its no good for go fast. Elf_cruiser (Phoenix guy, Wes) was at my house last night and we went to dinner with his pops. He coulnd't believe I wasn't running water.

AC runs water in his single seater for XRRA.

Thurr ya go! Wasn't sure if you talked with someone about theory but even if you're not buyin' howe---the guy helped explain how everything works so damn clearly to me.

P said:
WTH did you do man ! Gonna be 100% healed by Attica ?

I am a statistic at this point, stupid deal, hit is wrong and hard. If I'm not guess who will be driving? So yeah I need to get healed otherwise the Triple Nickel will feel whored out with all the time she'll spend on her back. laughing1

I don't think yoiu should add water for what you do with your rig Wyatt. If you were a crawler or in WE ROCk I would say yes, I just don't think all that extra weight will help on an XRRA or KOH course.

What P said, get you damn steering fix. That should of been done before struts and a 14b rear. Your steering is killing you on the course

no water, we change too many damn tires the way it is. laughing1 Hell I opt for a 5 lung conversion on this pig to get us to NASCAR pit crew speeds. Plus AC I think popped a sidewall in Hannibal and he was running water.

OH! we need a lift kit for your jack BTW.

I prchased 2 spare tires and wheels with this buggy. The spares are full to the top of the rim with water.

2 things here.....

If I am going to wheel lots of verticals, the water tires go on. If I am wheeling where the trails are not super hard....no water.

Trying to take water in and out is horrible. You have to break down the wheel and get every drop out or they wobble to death...

For XRRA it would be nice to have 2 tires ready if there is a wicked verticle and not a big jump. Like Hannibal. With a big jump I would not recommend 400# of water per tire....too hard on components.

wyatt i can help you load the buggy any time this week if you need me too. i am damn near as close as your dad, and it would be no big deal for me its the least i can do as a 555 member. let me know if you need me to come over and load the buggy.

Latest posts