• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Too early for mtn bikes?

rivercat

Had some windy weather last week that nicely dried things out, put the skis on the shelf for a day and headed out to Duthie Hill bike park with the trail bikes.... i'm really stoked on how much the place has expanded, seems like there is something new everytime i stop by.

not the best quality but might give you an idea of what's there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFoJExbXNJg

Just got back from there:D I've never ridden the XC stuff...heard it's really good. Now I can say I've "seen" it:redneck: I just ride the freeride trails:cool:

i might need to go check this out. i havent stopped riding since last summer :D rode three times long distance just during that supreme cold snap. Rode two nights ago too :D

Not sure you noticed while watching the video but this is OFFROADriding:rolleyes: You might get your fancy outfit dirty:flipoff:

I went to Banner Forest the other weekend and it was a lot of fun. TONS of water and mud, but that made it even better. I was soaked within the first five minutes! I think it's even more fun when it's the wet season!

Not sure you noticed while watching the video but this is OFFROADriding:rolleyes: You might get your fancy outfit dirty:flipoff:

i was covered in mud the last ride. :fawkdancesmiley: and i wear carharts pants and a hoodie ridin with vans. :kiss:

I've been distance riding single speeds since you had a bike shop, and before. :flipoff: I aint no sissy la la road biker :fawkdancesmiley: see, theres still a little mud on my bike :flipoff:

Attachments

• bike..jpg
    bike..jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 181
I've been hitting Greenlake and the Softies up a fair amount lately (+ other spots).......Got a NIB '08 Cowan from KONA so I don't have to DJ on the Stab anymore.......we should hook up. One of the spots I want to check out/revsit is right down in your neck of the woods.Me and a buddy started it 5 yrs ago,dug a couple parallel six packs (big and a small) then due to "life" abandoned it.......I have heard that it is totally blown up now and sick.

I've been hitting Greenlake and the Softies up a fair amount lately (+ other spots).......Got a NIB '08 Cowan from KONA so I don't have to DJ on the Stab anymore.......we should hook up. One of the spots I want to check out/revsit is right down in your neck of the woods.Me and a buddy started it 5 yrs ago,dug a couple parallel six packs (big and a small) then due to "life" abandoned it.......I have heard that it is totally blown up now and sick.

im down. you are probably a better technical rider as i have had a detached hamstring in my right leg for over a year. :eeek: I lost alot of my air control. **** happens when you slide into a curb on your ass, feet first at 40 mph ++

pm me the location. I might go riding tonight. its soooo nice :cheer: i think i might know were you are talking about :cool: if the parallel six pack you are talking about, are at the bottom of a big hill, on a bigger hill.... they are SUPER blown up, and tried to knock my teeth out last time i was there :haha: fell on my face on the fifth jump in the set, on the right side. the transitions/jumps overall, are setup for 20" wheels, and a little too tight for my big bike.

I would like to go do some riding with different people soon. ill bring my budd jake (i think you know him from your bikeshop days) and you can laugh at his P street with a MR. T tripple crown with a limit strap on there :haha::haha::haha:

i have had a detached hamstring in my right leg for over a year. :eeek:

Epic:puke:

I dislocated my left knee just over a week ago.....the swelling went down,more or less, after a couple days and I 've riden every day since:rolleyes: I'm forcing myself to take today and hopefully tomarrow OFF from riding as my knee is pretty pissed. I was hoping for rain actually....makes it easier to sit inside.....but then all I want to do is dig...I'm kinda retared:redneck:

Wish I lived closer to ya'll... I want to take my stinky out on some sweet jumps, but I still have to wait for things to thaw out and warm up a little around here. :(

Matt.....Come on over...If your DJ Kung Fu is strong we could make a day,weekend,week outa traveling from one spot to the next. Lots of good spots,on this side,to get hurt at:redneck: Let alone all the freeride stuff....weather over here has great for all types of riding

Matt.....Come on over...If your DJ Kung Fu is strong we could make a day,weekend,week outa traveling from one spot to the next. Lots of good spots,on this side,to get hurt at:redneck: Let alone all the freeride stuff....weather over here has great for all types of riding

I wanna go do some freeride stuff with you mr. mauler :cool: my DJ kung fu is weak, my bum leg makes me near useless tryin to get mah flow on now. :booo: But im always down for some fun freeride trails.

Sure......gonna be a little bit before my knee is gonna wanna push up hill for an hour. My knee feels "OK" pumpin DJ's but walking up stairs is NO FUN. The TR office happens to be @ the top of a flight of stairs and I go up/down it throughout the day...... Hurts with a kinda numb sensation....weird.So pushin up Peeler or 27 etc. aint gonna happen anytime soon. I do hit Duthie quite a bit and it's pretty fun....have you been?

never been. Been to 27 years and years ago, and as i remember, it is quite a push :D Ill talk to my riding buddies and ask them about duthie. I havent heard about it till this thread. Been down south a fair amount, did some work on the DJ line at the worm, and have done a good amount of riding at SST, colonade, and about every block in downtown seattle :D Shoot me a PM when you are feelin better. my work schedule is turning out to be mildly flexible :D

Lots of good spots,on this side,to get hurt at:redneck: Let alone all the freeride stuff....weather over here has great for all types of riding

exit 27 has been really nice the last few weeks, tokul should be the same [haven't made it up there this year *yet*] and always a fun spot with lots of short lap possibilities... flowtron and last frontier. i was cutting some wood up exit 38 a few weeks back and noticed a line coming down that looked new. i didn't think anyone rode up there much anymore. kind nice to shuttle with the truck....