• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tool Storage?

Your missing what Im saying.

I was just surprised that someone that makes a decent wage in the AMERICAN mfging industry would send HIS money to a chinese MFGer.

The reason you have a good job is because they havent sent YOURS over to china yet.

Its the "Ill buy the cheapest **** I can find" attitude that promotes bizz landing off shores.

I wasnt advocating buying an overpriced SnapOn box. They are nice but not a value.

I would shop used myself and buy a nice American tax FREE used box of any MFG you like.

Keep YOUR money in the states, your neighbor (and your) jobs depend on it.

Have the chineese ever helped pay your wages? Why pay theirs?

This is what needs to be said. Well worded:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

Ya I looked at the Costco box also, a friend has one. I wanted one that was work bench high and long. Not really stacked high. I did end up buying the cheap china HF junk 72" tool box. Damn near EVERYTHING is built over seas these days. If you ask me, SnapOn and others of the same price range are a rip off. I have had the chance to use a snapon box and I cant really tell you it is even worth $100 more than this Us General box. I sure as hell cant tell where the extra $4500 is at.

Anyway, I looked for used boxes for quite some time and even drove to look at some and they just were not what I really wanted. I have Rainman issues sometimes and I wanted the perfect box that matched my space and needs. Sounds crazy but its true. You can trust me, I hate buying new and paying tax and avoid it when I can but sometimes I break down and do it.

My brother went with the 44" bottom box and it's pretty nice. The drawers roll in and out even loaded to the max with tools. He really should have got the 56" at minimum but the 44" will go to his son when he pulls the trigger on the biggest one.

I had used the 26" tool cart for 5 years 3-5 days a week I was working out of it, rolling it around etc with it loaded to the gills. Its rated for 560 lbs and I easily had 800 lbs of tools loaded in it. I picked up the 30" cart this winter and split the tool load between them. The little black carts drawers still open perfectly smooth as they did waaay overloaded. The red cart kicks ass, it's basically the cart that goes with the 56 and 72" cabinets since it has the locks on the drawers and the same style handles etc.

Here's my black cart and here is the bluepoint version. Sure the bluepoint cart has struts to hold the lid up, a side tray and a little shelf on the side. It also has a $600 higher price tag. They are both made in china so itwouldn't shock me if they came from the same building. :haha:

Last edited:
My brother went with the 44" bottom box and it's pretty nice. The drawers roll in and out even loaded to the max with tools. He really should have got the 56" at minimum but the 44" will go to his son when he pulls the trigger on the biggest one.

I had used the 26" tool cart for 5 years 3-5 days a week I was working out of it, rolling it around etc with it loaded to the gills. Its rated for 560 lbs and I easily had 800 lbs of tools loaded in it. I picked up the 30" cart this winter and split the tool load between them. The little black carts drawers still open perfectly smooth as they did waaay overloaded. The red cart kicks ass, it's basically the cart that goes with the 56 and 72" cabinets since it has the locks on the drawers and the same style handles etc.

Here's my black cart and here is the bluepoint version. Sure the bluepoint cart has struts to hold the lid up, a side tray and a little shelf on the side. It also has a $600 higher price tag. They are both made in china so itwouldn't shock me if they came from the same building. :haha:

I had the same black cart for 6 years... loaded also! I just gave it to my dad for his new shop. He will probably use it for a good 20 more years since he never upgrades anything. I for one pick and chose what I get at HF... so far, I am beyond impressed with this big toolbox.

I had the same black cart for 6 years... loaded also! I just gave it to my dad for his new shop. He will probably use it for a good 20 more years since he never upgrades anything. I for one pick and chose what I get at HF... so far, I am beyond impressed with this big toolbox.

Yea I have been extremely happy with both carts so far for sure. I pick and choose at harbor freight too. Their blue handled screwdrivers with the hex on the end are fantastic and they are priced under some of the others that are brittle junk go figure. Their impact sockets are incredibly durable. I have a few metric deep well sockets finally starting to get mushroomed on the drive side and the hex is getting sloppy but I've been using them since the 90's :redneck:

Their consumables are utter junk, skinny whees, sand paper etc aren't worth their weight in dirt. Their low end ratchets are absolute junk but their high end, (for them) are pretty nice and they are cheap. :D

I have a few metric deep well sockets finally starting to get mushroomed on the drive side and the hex is getting sloppy but I've been using them since the 90's :redneck:

I have a set too. Within a week most sizes I use were shroomed out like a bell.

I aint kiddin, impact sockets that will stretch like muffler tubing, not split like hard steel. :rolleyes:

So maybe the ones from the 90s were ok, but they are **** now!

Ya I looked at the Costco box also, a friend has one. I wanted one that was work bench high and long. Not really stacked high. I did end up buying the cheap china HF junk 72" tool box. Damn near EVERYTHING is built over seas these days. If you ask me, SnapOn and others of the same price range are a rip off. I have had the chance to use a snapon box and I cant really tell you it is even worth $100 more than this Us General box. I sure as hell cant tell where the extra $4500 is at.

Anyway, I looked for used boxes for quite some time and even drove to look at some and they just were not what I really wanted. I have Rainman issues sometimes and I wanted the perfect box that matched my space and needs. Sounds crazy but its true. You can trust me, I hate buying new and paying tax and avoid it when I can but sometimes I break down and do it.

Snap on sells at ridiculous prices because nobody pays in full for them. By having the high end market cornered because of their easy financing they can list them for whatever they want as long as they keep the financing "affordable" snap on doesn't sell just tools their real product is financing.

20150408_172110.jpg

mmmmm.... tool boxes.... running out of organised room is a problem when you work out of them for a living.

20150408_172110.jpg

mmmmm.... tool boxes.... running out of organised room is a problem when you work out of them for a living.

Damn, you've got a nice box!!!! I really want to rub my balls on that thing on the right! That thing is pimp. And I'm done.:awesomework:

I have a classic 78 at home and a krl 54" at work with a matco sliding top cart. going to put the order in for a hutch, locker and power cab this year.

I work out of both boxes. I don't finance boxes and I tell people not to. 2 of my good buddys I work with have general boxes and they are maxed out weight wise well before theyre full (mainly in socket and wrench drawers) but they get the job done for less money so you can buy the tools to make the money.

you can order a international box from sears for decent price too and they go on good sales. that was my first box

I'm a fan of Kennedy boxes they dont have anything 72" though if I remember right. stricltytoolboxes.com has some interesting options. Let us know how that HF box works out after it gets some use :beer: