• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Top 10, 200k miles, whats your thoughts

I see all those as expected, (tons of 3/4t work trucks that see 50-100K miles/year)

Except the Ford Expedition. I see 10x the older Tahoes/Yukons on the road daily than Expeditions

Neal3000 said:
The Toyota's we get now are not made in Japan anymore

4runners have always and only been made in Japan.

That's why a lot of the parts on 96-up Tacomas VS 4Runners are similiar but not necessarily interchangeable. No Tacomas were ever made in Japan

TBItoy said:
Except the Ford Expedition. I see 10x the older Tahoes/Yukons on the road daily than Expeditions

Expeditions and old police crown vics are the only thing you see in the more diverse areas of nashville...

Re: Re: Top 10, 200k miles, whats your thoughts

customcj7 said:
Yeah, the Panther Platform Grand Marquis and Ford Crown Vics easily should be on that list.
I've got 348k on my Grand Marquis. It's been a great ride thus far.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My thought is there is ZERO chance that is accurate. Here is my logic.

Think about how they sampled that. Maybe the 20 minute oil changes or something like that. Maybe dealers. But, that leaves out the majority of people that have vehicles in the 200k range. People who fall into that category outside of hot shot rigs are probably doing their own oil changes for one reason or another.

How many folks on here have vehicles that nobody else touches to check the mileage? I'd bet lots. The dmv in Alabama only cares about mileage when a vehicle is bought or sold and after a certain age, they are exempt and don't care about that.

No way they got an accurate sample and I actually don't know how you would go about doing so. But it's cool to think about.

Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
In nc cars are inspected every yr as they record mileage. Could use that data

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sure, and that may be accurate in that state...but think about the reasons why it would be skewed. In a state with inspections where they could get the data, it would eventually be cheaper to buy a newer car than to keep the 200k mile rig on the road. So the 200k rig goes to a state where it doesn't get inspected and no longer makes it into the study.

Georgia and Alabama are prime examples. Because AL doesn't have inspections or emissions, they get lots of cars from GA that can't pass emissions.

I can see the "work truck" being the high mileage vehicles. I also see soccer mom ride being higher mileage but I still would think there are a few that should be head and shoulders about the rest. Would have been nice to see what the averages were to get a better grasp at the calculations. I still thought a dodge 2500/3500 would have been in the top five for work. I am no fan of the dodge, just of the Cummins.

Re: Re: Top 10, 200k miles, whats your thoughts

mikeparker said:
I can see the "work truck" being the high mileage vehicles. I also see soccer mom ride being higher mileage but I still would think there are a few that should be head and shoulders about the rest. Would have been nice to see what the averages were to get a better grasp at the calculations. I still thought a dodge 2500/3500 would have been in the top five for work. I am no fan of the dodge, just of the Cummins.
I don't think Dodge has near the fleet sales of Chevy and Ford. That has to make a huge difference in sales numbers. Most MOPAR people just seen to buy them because of the buzzwords "hemi" and "cummins". That's all their really after and I don't think either one really stands out against what the other brands bring to the table.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That is true about fleet sales. But, you are wrong about MOST mopar people. There are some yes. But I've had my first mopar since 1996, long before the late model/3rd gen HEMI's came out, and before the Cummins became that popular. I'm just gonna leave the rest of your comment alone cause I don't want to get into a pissing match in this thread.

So it's safe to say 'most mopar people' don't want to get into a pissing match?
I don't blame you........

J/K.... couldn't resist

I'm in the car business, while all cars have there quirks, the 2000-2006 GM prouducts are hard to beat, I see Tahoes, trucks, etc. daily with 300k+ miles and goin strong! its the VW, BMW, Audi, etc that turns into a totally piece of worthless **** after 100k.

zukimaster said:
I'm in the car business, while all cars have there quirks, the 2000-2006 GM prouducts are hard to beat, I see Tahoes, trucks, etc. daily with 300k+ miles and goin strong! its the VW, BMW, Audi, etc that turns into a totally piece of worthless **** after 100k.

THIS! You see those year GM trucks/SUVs on the road than any other.

Interesting facts though.