• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Top 10, 200k miles, whats your thoughts

zukimaster said:
I'm in the car business, while all cars have there quirks, the 2000-2006 GM prouducts are hard to beat, I see Tahoes, trucks, etc. daily with 300k+ miles and goin strong! its the VW, BMW, Audi, etc that turns into a totally piece of worthless **** after 100k.

I agree....I have three in my driveway, two with 200,000+ and one with 300,000+
They've had some problems, the worst being electrical ( Engine management ) The rest were normal wear items water pumps, plugs and wires, belts.
But none ever had a valve cover, intake, oil pan removed.

Re: Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
In nc cars are inspected every yr as they record mileage. Could use that data

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Only in counties with obd2 requirements, which btw, 26 counties have been lifted off obd2 in the upcoming year, leaving only about 24 left in the entire state, (out of 100 counties.) Safety only inspectors don't always record miles.

Also consider, anything gvw over 9000lb only has safety inspection requirement, no obd2. Many companies inspect their own, (including myself... and my two fords have nearly half a million miles between them. ) we certainly aren't turning in miles to the dmv.

So I agree the info is severely skewed.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Re:

One that surprises me is the Toyota Avalon being listed, but no mention of the Camry or the Corolla. I see substantially more Camrys and Corollas than Avalons on the road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have 3 Ford pickups all with International diesels in them. All of them get the guts pulled out of them and run up and down gravel roads everyday. One with 330k, 244k, and 190k. Really tough to beat the super duty platform.