• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Rig Delimma ( Resolved )

Re: Tow Rig Delimma

Patience is definitely not one of my virtues especially when it comes to shopping for a vehicle. They had a gas truck I really liked there but I decided to go test drive some others and when I went to come back an hour later it was gone. :gay:

I seen several post about the Vortec Max and figured I'd chime in. I just got rid of a 2007 Max and have ZERO complaints. It was quick, and pulled very well to be a half ton truck. Granted I wasn't pulling anything monstrous but for mild hauling it was great. Got anywhere from 12-16 mpg depending on how I drove it and I was normally on it pretty hard. But you don't see near as many of them so it may be a pain to find one that's in decent shape for a fair price.

Re:

I looked at a 2011 work truck crew cab long bed and I was on my way back to the dealer to get it and it sold. Can't find the miles on that truck you posted but I would seriously consider going from Ohio to Mississippi to get that

Re:

Mileage unlisted so its probably pretty high. I wouldnt want to spend that much on one with high miles but that is exactly the truck I have in mind upgrading to one of these days. I just love a gm 3/4 ton with tow mirrors. Toughest looking trucks on the market.

I checked their website and it seems if they don't list mileage on any of their vehicles. If that thing is under 100k it would definitely be a deal up her. I imagine trucks in Mississippi dont rust like they do up here either. I drive a truck for a living and my new job has me doing all local stuff so I have seriously considered a long road trip for the right truck.

mckeddie said:
http://www.leekinstle.com/VehicleDetails/used-2012-Chevrolet-Silverado_2500HD-Crew_Cab_Long_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT-Van_Wert-OH/2334278973

This thing is sweet (as it should be for $25000). He has an 04 for $14,900. Hobbs is gonna let me know if he has anything else tommorrow. No worries of gassers selling overnight up here lol. This part of ohio only sells diesels. Gassers tend to sit on lots for months and either get sold cheap or go to auction.

I've called on probably 8 gassers that I really liked that were gone that day. I should have bought one before gas prices dropped.

And I dont know if you meant that you want that truck yourself but if you don't I will seriously be calling on it tommorow.

Re: Re: Tow Rig Delimma

onepieceatatime said:
I checked their website and it seems if they don't list mileage on any of their vehicles. If that thing is under 100k it would definitely be a deal up her. I imagine trucks in Mississippi dont rust like they do up here either. I drive a truck for a living and my new job has me doing all local stuff so I have seriously considered a long road trip for the right truck.
I would probably drive in the neighborhood of 3-400 miles for tje right truck any day. It's worth it to get the one you want. I drove to Ashland, OH back in 2010 to buy my old SAS'd Tacoma. 610 miles one way. Went up there with some friends and drove the rig home all in 22 hours. Truck drove and rode like ****, and all that in 22 hours was fawking rough, but it's what I wanted so I was glad I done it.

Re:

And no trucks don't rust down here so that's a plus if you find one in the south. Long as some kid ain't ragged it out in a mudhole and the pics look good, that's about your only worry unless seller is lying about or hiding something you can only learn of in person.

Re: Re: Tow Rig Delimma

TacomaJD said:
I would probably drive in the neighborhood of 3-400 miles for tje right truck any day. It's worth it to get the one you want. I drove to Ashland, OH back in 2010 to buy my old SAS'd Tacoma. 610 miles one way. Went up there with some friends and drove the rig home all in 22 hours. Truck drove and rode like ****, and all that in 22 hours was fawking rough, but it's what I wanted so I was glad I done it.

Wish I would have been on here then and known who ya were. You drove right past me. Could have been :drinkers: and going to see some flashemifyougotem :cougar:.

Re: Re: Re: Tow Rig Delimma

onepieceatatime said:
Wish I would have been on here then and known who ya were. You drove right past me. Could have been :drinkers: and going to see some flashemifyougotem :cougar:.
No ****! Hell I wasn't even on here then. Found it on TTORA.com

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Mileage unlisted so its probably pretty high. I wouldnt want to spend that much on one with high miles but that is exactly the truck I have in mind upgrading to one of these days. I just love a gm 3/4 ton with tow mirrors. Toughest looking trucks on the market.

Just called on it. 115k miles. Thats a pretty good deal compared to prices up here and we gotta worry about rust. The guy I talked to said he could ship that truck to me for $600 or meet me halfway and is even willing to take my truck on trade in on the deal just through pictures.

I 100% would never buy a vehicle I planned on being driven daily without checking it over first hand. Too much to risk. But that is an alright deal. Lot of miles for a truck that new though.

Re:

Sounded like a good deal and the truck appears to be in real good shape but....... the mileage on the carfax didn't line up and he claims the PO put a different cluster in when he had problems with some gauges. If it was an older body style I could believe that a little more but I'm not risking it when I'm spending that much money

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Sounded like a good deal and the truck appears to be in real good shape but....... the mileage on the carfax didn't line up and he claims the PO put a different cluster in when he had problems with some gauges. If it was an older body style I could believe that a little more but I'm not risking it when I'm spending that much money

Nope, for that money I want one that hasn't been ****ed with in any way. That's why I like my truck. Only thing I've had to do to it in 3 years is replace wheel seal in rear axle on one side that started leaking, and replace the throttle control module. Other than that, regular maintenance (oil and brakes), 126k miles and runs & drives like a brand new one. Idk if it's just me, but **** on a 3/4 ton just seems to stay tighter than half tons that I've had (with similar miles).