• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Towrig tires?

Damn, so much hate for the toyos. Ill never run the mud terrains again but i like the new A/T II. Have bout 5K on the set i have now and no complaints. Are quiet and smooth. Bought new with a 50K mile guarantee. Ill be happy if i get 50 out of them.

I came from the nitto trail grappler and hated them. Suck in wet pavement, loud and ride like ****. I only got 25K out of them.

Love my discoverer at3's.Unsure on wear though. My cream puff 99 gets maybe 2k miles a year, still under 80k! :fawkdancesmiley:

I don't know about all this hate for Toyo's.
I'm on my second set on my tow rig, & I've got a couple other sets on my service vehicles. The first set were AT's, as well as my service rigs.
Now, running the 285 MT's. The only problem I've had, is the stock Ford wheels having a slow bead leak.
The MT's seem quiet enough. Although, I wish I would've got the 315's.
I have seen, they tend to wear fast. But, I don't drive mine enough to worry about it. Just maintain around 65-70 psi, & I didn't sipe them this time.

I've had good luck with Toyo M88s and I have Bridgestone Duravis HD 500s on there now. Got them at Costco for $178 each. They are load range E (10 ply)

Last edited:
i previously couldnt comment on my hankook dynapro ATs in wet and mud stuff..this weekend went to naches for the weekend,towing my 26' toy hauler..rained all the way there,and when we got to the camp it was all muddy..much to my amazement i didnt have to use 4wd.and my truck has an open diff in the rear..got the trailer parked in the dark..next day was when i realized just how sloppy the mud was..then saturday went up in the hills and loaded the truck with firewood..in the mud...still worked better than i expected...still got out with minimal tire spin..

I have the duratracs. No Problems towing, I keep them aired at 55psi. Awesome traction too.

Mind you I have a dually and sometimes tow/haul to max capacity, I use the Toyo AT II's.

They suck in the snow, but so do duallys. I have chains for that. Anywhere else, they do fantastic. My biggest brag on them is I can get 60K miles out of a set of tires.

Why put big angry mud tires on your tow rig? Get something that lasts.

I am really considering the new Toyo AT 2 I really like the tread on them it's about what I want for aggressiveness in a tread pattern and lugs/voids size when they get up around the 33" area. They seem a lot better than the old ones and I have been told they wear good but I need something that does good in snow and this is the only thing I have heard about these in the snow so do you think it's mostly just the duals or is it tires? I currently have Yokohama Geolander ATS and want something a little more aggressive but don't want or need a mud terrain type of tread and buying 285/75-16 or 33" depending what I find and decide.

I am really considering the new Toyo AT 2 I really like the tread on them it's about what I want for aggressiveness in a tread pattern and lugs/voids size when they get up around the 33" area. They seem a lot better than the old ones and I have been told they wear good but I need something that does good in snow and this is the only thing I have heard about these in the snow so do you think it's mostly just the duals or is it tires? I currently have Yokohama Geolander ATS and want something a little more aggressive but don't want or need a mud terrain type of tread and buying 285/75-16 or 33" depending what I find and decide.

We put the Toyo at2 on my wife's 2500 diesel suburban last year and they have been great tires.:awesomework:

They seem to be wearing great and have offered great traction in all the typical NW weather(rain,mud,snow,hot asphalt).We live a half mile down a gravel road so they see at least 5 miles a week of gravel and haven't shown any extra signs of wear.