• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy axles or Uprgrades

warranty fine print: You knew there had to be fine print - well here it is. But it's not so bad. Basically, you get one "crack" at this warranty. Meaning, we will only replace the first one that might break on you. We are no fools - we realize that nothing is totally indestructible and that given enough tire size and enough torque - ANYTHING will break. This warranty is in place to help put your mind at ease that these axles really are as tough as we are claiming they are and we are willing to stand behind them. But we cannot stay in business by handing out lifetime supplies of axles to guys out there tearing them up. We feel this policy is fair to both parties. Also, this warranty only applies to the Birfield joint itself, not the axle shafts.

Put Toyota axles in.

There's alot of guys up here runnin these, or similar axles in their Sami axles, and have had really good results, but they aren't runnin 33-36" tires either----Put Yotas in....decent deals on stock axles caan be had if you are patient...
Mark M. on here has a bunch of yota axle parts/or completes for a reasonable price...:awesomework:

If you want good axles, get these. Much cheaper and the same axle basically.

http://trailtough.com/

For 33-36 range, these should hold up, as long as you don't get stupid on them. Anything bigger than a 36, and you might as well swap in the yotas.

Yeah, those are what alot of the locals up here are using--have had good results with up to 33's; and yes, they are alot cheaper than the others....I dunno if they'd hold up to 36's, that's just alot of tire for such a small diameter axle, not to mention the paperthin housings!!:D ; best advice is go Yotas.....:awesomework:

You can polish a turd or you can build a diamond.. It would not be much more to convert to toyota axles.. I already looked into it all.. if you want to hit a hole and be worried about breaking something then get the stronger axles. If you want to redline that beast and not worry about it then go toyota.. Do some searching and youll see its not real cheap.. sky sells a kit for the front for like 110$ buy 2 perches for the back and there in. then all you need to worry about it drivlines (they make all sorts of stuff for that from new drivelines to adapters) the steering (if you can weld it can be very cheap) and the brakelines I think the fronts are the same but the rears you replace with one..build it right the first time trust me I have built a few rigs half ass's and wished I had not.. :D

I went Yota for that reason--you can spend a bunch of dough and get upgraded Sami axles F & R; and still be limited...Or you can spend that $ on getting stock Yotas under it, and be able to run fairly aggressive 35's, or even 36's(not Boggers!!); Eventually you will start breakin stock birfs, then you can upgrade to Bobby's 30slpine Chromos & hub gears and run 39.5's with nary a worry, unless you get real stupid with your junk!!!

Bottom line-spend the $ on getting Yotas under it...hell, Tommy's probably got some stuff kickin around... For the install, www.breezeindustries.com sells a really nice yota conversion perch kit, and hi steer kit for the same....you have to call 'em... They are also just over the Border in Coquitlam, BC...I drove up there and picked mine up in person--there and back in 2.5 hrs..:D

Last edited:
You also have to look at how much your breaking now and what power your putting down. I've only busted one stock birfield in almost 4 years of running 33's. So I just went with the Trail Tough axles and called it good. Still haven't installed them... But I also have an ARB up front with 5.12's and don't feel like spending the money for equivalent axle setup in Toyota's.

If you already have lockers, I would just add some braces to your axle tubes, grab the Trail Tough axles, and see if they break on you. If you are building from scratch, go with the majority and build some Toys. A better investment in the long run. :)

Latest posts