• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy G52 Tranny troubles

I'm suprised you have the personal phone number, home address, and shop address of probably one of the greatest Toyota techs of all time and you never called me. :booo:

PS how come you didn't just drop it off at your dads shop and tell them you want it back by the end of the day? :haha:

:corn:

lol I have to learn sometime right. Just having knowledge of Honda's doesn't help me much on these things. :looser:

And we both know why i didn't want to take it to his shop... He quoted me 10hrs for the job... :5bitch:

Holy hell that job can't book out at more than 4 hours. A good mechanic should be able to do it no more than 2 hours including slave and master cylinders.

Ps " :5bitch: " that has to be the grossest thing on the plannet. Justin don't you know you're not supposed to suck your BF's **** after he sticks it in you??!!!!! :puke:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

Yeah I was able to get it out and on the ground in about 3.5 hours. But im without a car lift and my hands hate those top two bell housing bolts. With a trans jack and lift I could see "myself" having it out and back in within 5 hours... but 10 hours.. **** that.

Oh BTW Patrick... Your mom says hello. :masturbanana[1]: :fawkdancesmiley:

Yeah I was able to get it out and on the ground in about 3.5 hours. But im without a car lift and my hands hate those top two bell housing bolts. With a trans jack and lift I could see "myself" having it out and back in within 5 hours... but 10 hours.. **** that.

Justin the top 2 bolt`s come out/go in fairly easy with all Your extension`s and a swivel. I don`t have a hoist,takes about 3hrs now. more than once here! done it twice nothing wrong with clutch figure`d out it was a bent clutch pedal.:mad: :mad: clue You got parts left/Your not done:haha: hope the weather hold`s out for ya

And we both know why i didn't want to take it to his shop... He quoted me 10hrs for the job...

Holy hell that job can't book out at more than 4 hours. A good mechanic should be able to do it no more than 2 hours including slave and master cylinders.
:

FYI, this job books at roughly 6.5 hrs give or take, incl rear main, and M/C, slave is easy as it comes off to do the tranny R&R.... 10 hrs is rediculous!!!

Sorry guys it was done on monday. The only thing I have left to do is rip apart the shifter and put the new socket in there. It seems to be alot better. it was a quart low of oil though... :looser:

did u sent it with that PS pump/bracket?

if so, maybe he didnt get it yet:redneck:
:corn:

Blow me you never said you wanted it right away. Pay shipping and I'll toss the fawker on the next oops truck headed your way. :flipoff:

Good to hear it's better. The socket is easy to put in if you know the trick... Put it on top of the alignment dowels upside down and pivot it on the dowels as you push down and it'll pop right into the socket. :D

Sorry guys it was done on monday. The only thing I have left to do is rip apart the shifter and put the new socket in there. It seems to be alot better. it was a quart low of oil though... :looser:
and..what was the verdict? was the pilot bearing shot? seized,dry?
Blow me you never said you wanted it right away. Pay shipping and I'll toss the fawker on the next oops truck headed your way. :flipoff:

Good to hear it's better. The socket is easy to put in if you know the trick... Put it on top of the alignment dowels upside down and pivot it on the dowels as you push down and it'll pop right into the socket. :D
:redneck:
just messin with ya, im in no hurry.:awesomework:

So, how do i get the junk off the top of the shifter to get to the dowel pins. I don't want to break something that shouldnt be broken... THANKS again for the rear main!!

and..what was the verdict? was the pilot bearing shot? seized,dry?

:redneck:
just messin with ya, im in no hurry.:awesomework:

Both were a little shitty but "I" don't think they were bad enough to cause my problems, personaly i think it was between my MC/slave, pedal freeplay, and shifter socket/cup.

Latest posts