• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy Haulers...

dirk

I was looking at the Wells Cargo Get Away III trailers...it seems like the GA20 could work (follow the link to page 10 for a spec sheet). I kinda like the simplicity of an open floor plan.

Anyone have any insight on toy haulers? I am looking for a way to travel light, but still have a place to sleep. It seems like most of the toy haulers are built with the motorcycle crowd in mind...what will handle the weight of a 4,000 lb rig?

My current set up:
-1997 F250 powerstroke (w/canopy)
-1992 YJ tube thingy
-16 ft flat deck trailer

:beer:

shouldn't they be able to upgrade to some 6 or 8 lug axles to get the job done?

if they could then yea, 6 lug axles would be just fine and some D rated tires.. Their 26 footer offers them so maybe they would customize it for you.. Some will some won't.

If i were to go with one from wells cargo it would be one of the fifth wheel ones with over 5000 pound capcity but thats just me

If i were to go with one from wells cargo it would be one of the fifth wheel ones with over 5000 pound capcity but thats just me

That would be sweet, but with the extra length, separate garage area & plush interior, comes a fat price tag :rolleyes:

GA16 = $16,000
GA18 = $17,000
GA20 = $17,500
GA26 = $24,000
GA28 = $25,000
GGA34 = $40,000
GGA36 = $41,000

Doesn't matter...seems they don't sell these in WA anymore. Apparently, WA requires each manufacturer to submit build plans & have the factory certified...they will then issue a fancy little blue sticker, indicating the unit is safe to occupy.

Wells Cargo moved production of the Get Away series to Texas & they don't plan on going through the hassle of recertification :looser:

That would be sweet, but with the extra length, separate garage area & plush interior, comes a fat price tag :rolleyes:

GA16 = $16,000
GA18 = $17,000
GA20 = $17,500
GA26 = $24,000
GA28 = $25,000
GGA34 = $40,000
GGA36 = $41,000

Doesn't matter...seems they don't sell these in WA anymore. Apparently, WA requires each manufacturer to submit build plans & have the factory certified...they will then issue a fancy little blue sticker, indicating the unit is safe to occupy.

Wells Cargo moved production of the Get Away series to Texas & they don't plan on going through the hassle of recertification :looser:

Lame

Does that mean that it can't be licensed to WA? :eeek:

25' Haulmark /w their living quarters package:

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

df56d3fd.jpg

60d6d1c7.jpg

e1a4d727.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMHO, a standard RV type toy hauler is absolutely NOT up to the task of hauling a jeep or other wheeling rig. They put the weight too far back, too high. They're 1x1" wood framed and just not build heavy duty enough. I researched a TON and looked at a LOT of trailers before I bought... and I am very happy /w the outcome. I've actually been pricing larger trailers again.... /w 3 boys space is always @ a premium and I've been looking at 34-36' gooseneck setups. I've been shoping Haulmark, Pace, Vintage Trailers, and Aluminum Trailer Company (ATC).

John

IMHO, a standard RV type toy hauler is absolutely NOT up to the task of hauling a jeep or other wheeling rig. They put the weight too far back, too high. They're 1x1" wood framed and just not build heavy duty enough. I researched a TON and looked at a LOT of trailers before I bought... and I am very happy /w the outcome.

Nice trailer :beer: Out of curiosity...does it have a blue State of Washington sticker near the side door?

Last edited:
Nice trailer :beer: Out of curiosity...does it have a blue State of Washington sticker near the side door?

Nope. I didn't get the full story. I bought the trailer from VR Sales in Puyallup, they had ordered it just to see how it would sell. Somewhere there was a mixup because they're not an RV dealer and this trailer wasn't sold properly to them. I dunno what happened, but I got a killer deal because of the mix up. It's just licensed as a utility trailer and not an RV. It's insured for full replacement cost though. I am going to be reading those links on how it all works as I will be shopping soon again.

J

FeatherLite will make a custom trailer for you. We are having them make a 40' with 16' of living\25' of car space to go racing.

FeatherLite will make a custom trailer for you. We are having them make a 40' with 16' of living\25' of car space to go racing.

How will it be licensed...as an RV or a car trailer? The sales rep @ Freeway Trailers made it sound like the blue State of WA sticker is pretty important...something to do with insurance?! Does anyone know what he was talking about?

If the trailer is licensed as a utility trailer, but actually has built in sleeping quarters...what happens if it burns up, comes loose & blows apart on the freeway, etc...will your insurance company hold you over the barrel because it was improperly licensed/registered in the great State of Washington?

Who has experience with this? :eeek:

I have a 30' toy hauler I haul my toyota and quads in it works great mine will hold 6000 lbs so with my toy and it full of water I am still under what it says the max load should be