• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toy kinuckle balls.....

monstaru

to what extent can your knuckle balls be degraded before replacement?
0206011640a.jpg

i don't really wanna clean this thing up if ima have to put on new knuckles.i can't really pull that one off.so , what ye say 4wd public?cheers, b

If you don't have anything custom on the housing (link mounts, hydro mounts), I'd just swap the housing. They're what - like $50?

If you really want to keep the housing you have and you want the stock seals to work as well as possible, clean it up, bondo the whole thing, and sand it smooth.

Personally, I'd run them as is and put some of Bobby's seals on there.

another one for the bobby long wiper seal. no more nasty grease all over my knuckles stuff stays were it is supposed to be

Hi All:

Couldn't you just take a flap wheel to that knuckle ball and smooth-out the seal surface?

Regards,

Alan

i cleaned them up with a wire brush.i figured the wiper seal would take damage.

i just didna know to what extent folks passed on them....
cheers, b

yeah i spent time with a braided wire wheel.
i had just spent a bunch of time(read:all day) cleaning out the garage so i could have some space to start on this thing......then saw that and was pissed so i asked about them..:eeek:.
but they cleaned up well, i would have run them anyway:redneck::fawkdancesmiley:
just thought i'd see where on the curve of retard i was gonna be.forecast looks sunny!:fawkdancesmiley:cheers, b