• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy rear axle crack

If you just feel like spending money buy one of the new TG one's. I've got one and its beef compaired to the stock one.

If you just feel like spending money buy one of the new TG one's. I've got one and its beef compaired to the stock one.

Probably end up throwing a ford 9" under there eventually when it gets its 2wd conversion if he balls up and does make it a pre runner. I dont see him spending $400 on a new rear housing.

Hey Ryan, my brother has an IFS housing up in Leavenworth that I'm sure he would bring down here and make ya'll a good deal on. Unfortunately the weld repair will only last for so long... if you're going to tear it all apart, might as well do it right and replace the housing.

Call me or send me a PM if you're interested and I'll let him know. It's a full axle now, but I want the third and the shafts, so he'll have a bare housing left to sell after I strip it, probably give it to ya for $75

Let me know.

Time for a 60 :flipoff:

You stay away from my threads with your 60 rubbish:haha::flipoff:
Hey Ryan, my brother has an IFS housing up in Leavenworth that I'm sure he would bring down here and make ya'll a good deal on. Unfortunately the weld repair will only last for so long... if you're going to tear it all apart, might as well do it right and replace the housing.

Call me or send me a PM if you're interested and I'll let him know. It's a full axle now, but I want the third and the shafts, so he'll have a bare housing left to sell after I strip it, probably give it to ya for $75

Let me know.

Just called him. Whenever you get that thing in town and get the **** you want off it we'll pick it up for $75. Thanks Matt:awesomework:

Know whats funny joe.

Remember back in the day when we were die hard toy guys :haha:

I have a source on a pass drop 60 and rear if I want em, but all I need in my toy axles are Bobby's goods so I dont see me going full size for awhile:booo:

YOu need to drill a hole at each end of the crack then weld it. THat will keep the crack from spreading

what about drilling the end of the crack to stop it and then welding/grinding it up? I'm sure its still a temp fix but it might last a little longer.

Anyway you look at it rear axles are cheap, 50-75$ for a bare housing almost anyplace you go.

Echo...

Echo....

:D