• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toy to 60....

johnboy1

whats all needed to adapt a 60 on a toy i.e. steering.

i found a 60 high steer kit from SKY but im not sure if i need a shorter draglink.

ummm... ill never EVER go full hydro for one reason, if i blow a line, i have no steering. hydro assist is an option though.

your post is to vague to answer, what kind of steering do you currently have, are you going cross over or full high steer? One easy way is two get your high steer arms done for chevy taper and run stock chevy tie rod and make a drag link that ties both brands together, this is assuming you currently have an ifs box. Help us help you by giving more info.

I'd still like to be able to steer if for some reason my rig won't run.

Then pony up for the right orbital.

In responce to the original question, Does your toyota have crossover steering already? If so yer off to a running start, You could botch up a push pull but you will eventually have to change it.

This thread makes no sense. You want to put a 60 under your Toyota but you don't know what to do about your drag link? That's kinda like setting out to build a race car without knowing what to do about the brake pedal...

Well to make a 60 steer in you're toyota, you may have to build a new tie rod and drag link if you will be tying into that for you're steering. If not then you will need a high steer arm, and just a new drag link. About the Hydro, the only way you will ever blow a line is if you are a cheap ass and use single jacket line, or you have you're lines or fitting's run into harm's way(exposed to moving components, or exposed to obstacles). I'm sure you carry other trail spares, so why not a couple feet of hose and a few fitting's? There are probably 50 people on here running full hydro and of the one's that fall outside of my description(doing it the right way) I bet they haven't had a failure. As far as steering with you're vehicle shut off, yeah, it's no plush job, but I bet you will have better luck steering a dead buggy on 40's, then you're dead whatever with conventional steering.

to add to the "hydro" part of this and something I preach to my customers. If done right IMO hydro is not only more efficiant system but more simplistic and stronger than conventional steering. I have seen 10x more mechanical steering failures than hydro--and one was mine (cracked a fitting but carry a spare--15 minutes and back up and running).

As daruis said if done right with the proper stuff you will not have a problem....