• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota 4 wheel steer

Car hydraulics typically run 48 volts to the 12v pumps to get the rpm of the motor up. Hoppers run 84-96 volts...been there done that **** burns up.

Besides carrying that many batteries would get expensive $ and heavy quick, my car had 14 batteries in the trunk :bling:

Ive ran 12v, and 24 setups that were very fast. The lower voltage setups are far more reliable.

I was just saying that Ive been around lots of monster trucks that use a electric pump for the rear steering. They are pumps exactly like my chrome "prohoppers". So I fugured it should be pretty easy to change a pumphead (80bucks) to get what ever flow you need.

:rolleyes: You guys are making this WAY too complicated. I've had 2 (techniquely 3) four-wheel-steer rigs. Samurai power, Toyota power and Chevy Vortec 4.3 power.

Stop trying to re-invent the wheel.......I have no tech advice to add though. :redneck:

:rolleyes: You guys are making this WAY too complicated. I've had 2 (techniquely 3) four-wheel-steer rigs. Samurai power, Toyota power and Chevy Vortec 4.3 power.

Stop trying to re-invent the wheel.......I have no tech advice to add though. :redneck:

That just takes all the damn fun out it :haha:

Four wheel steer is over rated my two wheel steer made it around the first tree on BYS and yours didn't:kiss: But I did get a bit stuck in the NW west corner of the rock garden:haha: :haha:

Just sit there and look pretty:rolleyes:

****in homo steer............jeebus:flipoff:

Its those people that re-invent the wheel that come up with and design sweet new products that are guaranteed to be on your rig:fawkdancesmiley:

If only hydraulics were that simple. Does the pump have any specs on it? I know some back east boys ran the subaru p/s pump on their rear steering but it was slow as hell.

im learning a lot about hydraulics at work there really not as bad as they seem. i keep forgeting to go out and look what it says on it but its a stand alone pump/tank thats designed to run off 12v's and when it was being used on a 4"ish ram at work it moved pretty fast. might give it a try it wouldnt be till i get enough $ to put all the goodies in another front axel.