• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Axles in YJ...School me

Toy axles make a great swap for CJ's, but I don't see it as a good fit for a YJ. The FJ60 axle sounds like a better plan.

Only downside of the FJ axle. They are hard to find and not cheap like a toy mini truck axle to get.

Why is everyone making this so dificult? 44 and 20 or 44 and 44 out of a newer waggy and be done with it.:mad: No different tcase, no $A$ kit.

Yes I know that waggy 44 will bolt in but I was exploring the Toyota axle angle, I just think the yota stuff is cheaper and stronger iffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff there was a straight bolt up application for the yj

How do you figure it will be cheaper? Wagoneer dana 44's go for $200, toy axles seem to go for $250 - $300 plus you have to change the transfer case and monkey around with all the fab and weirdness to make it fit. Wagoneer dana 44 is about as close as you can get to bolt in and you don't need to change the t-case. The only way the toy is stronger is if you put $400 longfields in, other wise the stock 44 is stronger. Start putting some numbers on paper and you'll quickly see that messing with the toy stuff for this app is not cheaper.

All you really need for 35's though is a 44 rear and some 4340 shafts for the front 30.