• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota brakes

Sandtrap1986

So...as i stated before i had a bad brake booster everytime i hit the brake the truck would idle up and down....so i changed it problem solved right? but now i have a new problem the brake pedal has no pressure i mean the truck still stops but the pedal is super soft. Anybody have any guidance??

did you unbolt the MC when you swaped the booster?

did you adjust the pushrod? or make sure it was the correct length?
is it soft, or is there a lot of free travel?

bench bleed from master cylinder to front calipers > work ur way back the pass side frame rail (toyota) bleed residuale valve by tire mount pass side frame bleed rear drums/adjust.wheel cylinders check for leaks.

then see ur game plan!

Last edited:
did you unbolt the MC when you swaped the booster?

did you adjust the pushrod? or make sure it was the correct length?
is it soft, or is there a lot of free travel?

yeah i had to unbolt the MC but nothing leaked out??

lots of free travel they only engage about and inch form the floor and sometimes they just lock when its cold.

i was told i didnt have to bleed the brakes but now im not sure??

yeah i had to unbolt the MC but nothing leaked out??

lots of free travel they only engage about and inch form the floor and sometimes they just lock when its cold.

i was told i didnt have to bleed the brakes but now im not sure??
sorry, i wasnt clear with my question.
did you pull the lines off the MC?

and sometimes with a new booster, you have to adjust the pushrod, so you have just a touch of freeplay.
you MUST have some. you want to make sure the MC comes back all the wway, and can reset. otherwise it will keep the front brakes locked up.

sorry, i wasnt clear with my question.
did you pull the lines off the MC?

and sometimes with a new booster, you have to adjust the pushrod, so you have just a touch of freeplay.
you MUST have some. you want to make sure the MC comes back all the wway, and can reset. otherwise it will keep the front brakes locked up.

nope didnt pull the brake lines just took the MC off the old booster.. i am going to try the pushrod thing and see if that helps