• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota BS on wheels

charliesnyder

Ok. Im sure this question has been asked a million times on here already.

Right now I have an 82 Toyota PU with a 4 inch lift and 36's

my question is:
is it totally necessary to have 2 inch BS wheels made for my truck. im running a Toy front end with 1.5 inch spacer on each side. my tires are 36x13.5x17. Ive heard its best to run the most BS you can get so your wheels are pushed out and you can turn?

whats the truth behind this

any info is helpfull, im in iraq now and my time here is starting to come to an end and i have to order my wheels soon

thanks
charlie
________
og kush marijuana strain

Last edited:
I've read on one of the forumns that 3 3/8" is stock on first gen's. That the less backspacing of course the wider stance but more leverage for weight on the wheel bearings. Meaning more quicker bearing wear. Wider stance may be some think you want if your really tall lift. But then again the if they stick out to much the fuzz may start ticketing you. After all you got wheel spacers.

Just get stock backspace rims(3 3/4) since you already have wheel spacers. If they are 1.5 spacers make sure you loctite the nuts holding the spacer on and that they are torqued. If you go with 2.5 backspaced rims you will get scrub steer(no biggie on dirt) and your wheel bearings will wear faster.

Do you still have the stock rear narrow track housing? If so I would recomend the low backspacing (2.5") and don't run wheel spacers.

But if you swapped in an IFS rear then i would run the wheel spacers and a more nuetral backspacing (3.75")

I currently run IFS rear end with an 85 front end, 2.5" backspaced wheels and 1.5" wheel spacers... and i hate the scrub radius on the street, it turns like a boat

just my 2 cents

as of right now i dont have the ifs truck rear.. that is in the near future(like when i get back from iraq)

thanks cameron.. u beat me to the question.. looks like i have some reading to do

so as of right now im getting that with the wide track rear and the spacers that i dont really need to push my wheels out with the 2 inch and possibly a four inch would work
________
vapor genie vaporizer

Last edited:

Latest posts