• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota cab truck on tons

Saw where you mentioned an LS1 oil pan. Do yourself a favor and get the Moroso or Kevco. Even if you get the LS1 pan for free you'll still spend $150 for the baffle system and have a cast pan that will crack at the slightest hit.

Re: Re: toyota cab truck on tons

fishinfool98 said:
Looking good

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks
matth_85 said:
Saw where you mentioned an LS1 oil pan. Do yourself a favor and get the Moroso or Kevco. Even if you get the LS1 pan for free you'll still spend $150 for the baffle system and have a cast pan that will crack at the slightest hit.
I saw a big thread on pirate about that the other day. Most people liked the kevco with the exception of the welds but I dont recal anyone using the new moroso pan yet.

I bought it on here but it could have been on craigslist also. These are the only pictures I have of it before I got it.
7D4B5923-F3DC-4FA8-AAA7-53227FCD0020-7514-000011C410D2CA87.jpg

9B2A1AD8-4A43-4CA3-9042-7E628861235B-7514-000011C42E2E3D5B.jpg

Was on craiglist adam and tim carter built it i belive back in the day my cuz got it put new coilovers new links and 5.3 then parted it out after a year

roll over dave said:
Was on craiglist adam and tim carter built it i belive back in the day my cuz got it put new coilovers new links and 5.3 then parted it out after a year
Sounds right. The sister truck to it that they built is still floating around somewhere. I rode in it when Brandon fowler had it about 7-8 years ago. Can't remember the guys name that had it last but I know he was trying to sell it last year.

Dirtslngr said:
TN cut looks great. What groover did you get? I've looked around and just planned on getting a 60$ cheapo one
I think mine is a ideal groover. I think I paid about 110 for the groover with two extra heads and blades. The first tire I did with a 1/4 blade and a wood chisel to knock of the lugs. I liked how easy it was to get in all the tight spots but it took forever. The other three just got hit with a 3/4 blade and that's all I'm doing. I'd rather buy new tires than spend all day grooving

roll over dave said:
Blake somebody owned the other last i heard he redid a few things dno if it every sold where are the updates jacob
Not much to update. I got one coilover mount mocked up on the front and ran out of oxygen so I couldn't make the tabs for the other side. I had plans on buying some parts this week but it looks like I'll be buying another Toyota when I get home instead.

Finally have a little time to work on it since im off work for the rest of the year. loller.gif
I decided to do away with the floor pan since it was so cut up already and I needed a good seat mount anyways.

seat frames
72F47EB4-CDFE-4595-B892-F7F94F24ACD3-2454-0000070E5EB2CFC3.jpg

930CE5F8-1D0D-4F5B-BF34-72A4F2F9D67B-2454-0000070E687584D9.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

Built a new fuel cell and radiator mount last night. Need some opinions on the coolant lines but I will have to take some pictures later to show you what I mean. From the radiator to the firewall is mostly open and should not be hard to route the tube/hose. From there on it gets tricky. I have maybe 3-4" between the frame and transmission then right in front of that a link mount on the inside of the frame. I looked at it for several hours and did not come up with a safe way to do it so im think about rebuilding the front end as easily as I can possibly do it. Question is since I'll be going through all of that trouble should I (A)make front end slightly longer for a front radiator or (B) rebuild the front off of the frame at a wider point to allow for more clearance. Maybe cut the frame at the firewall and build new upper link mounts and motor mounts in the process.

IMG_0681.jpg

new engine harness hooked up
IMG_0683.jpg

85toyo said:
How deep is the pan? Also, does that pan use a screw on filter or remote filter?
GM part number is 12577901 Dont know exact depth measures about 6 inches but it does not hang down past my transmission pan and it does have a screw on filter