• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota cab truck on tons

Worked on it for the first time in a long time. Getting close to finishing the interior and built the passenger side header.

Had a broke stud so the header project started with getting a stud out and chasing a few threads.

I only needed these one time since it was a basically a long tube kit that I modified but they are pretty handy.

Header bolted up and I mounted the bump and landing pad.

Not done with the interior yet but I sat the seats in to see how everything looked.

Pulling a pinion nut with a breaker bar...never again. Pretty sure whoever owned these axles before me beat the **** out of the pinion nut with a sledge hammer.

Looking at options for the o2 sensors. I want to point them straight down on the collector but I was told they need to come in from the side to read properly. I don't have room on the inside because of the link. Don't really want it on the outside because it would be really easy to snag the wires on stuff. I just found these 90* adapters but it doesn't seem like they would get much flow to the sensor. The only other option is to tap into a single tube upstream of the collector. :dunno:

It's been a while since I cut something off and I had to get my sawzall fix. The section I cut off was my first ever tube bending project. Not only was it fugly but it wasn't sleeved properly. The roof also got hacked so it all came off and the cab got patched. I'm hoping fenders will fit over the new stuff. Won't know until I find a set.

RebelRider said:
Did you figure out the 02's? I out mine directly on the collectors facing the back. No issues.

I'm going to face them down and hope they work. I can't find enough info on the subject to decide one or the other.

Boomtacoma01 said:
I like the tubes on the A pillar. I will do the same once I fix the passenger side on my 85.

Thanks, I got the idea from a guy on pirate.

Looking back on it, I wish I had put a slight bend inward on the bottom then just sleeved it, making a continuous tube. Hopefully a fender will cover it, if not oh well.