• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota cab truck on tons

Worked on it a little bit today. Trying to come up with something for the passenger floor area while leaving plenty of room for the drive shaft. Might change it some tomorrow.

My coilovers finally showed up after being on back order for the last two months. To top it off, the packaging job was terrible and the reservoirs are beat up. Got them mounted and rolled it outside to check everything. Front looks good but the rear upper shock mounts need to be moved out some to clear the chassis. Waiting for my driveshaft kits to be shipped so I can check clearance on those. Anyways, here's a few pics.

Picked up a few fire extinguisher mounts from Jduck. Thinking about putting two in the back and one in the cab.

I tinkered with it for a while last weekend and didn't accomplish much. I moved the rear shock tabs to the inside of the shock hoop to get clearance on the chassis but that got the shock into the tire.

Ended up putting the shock tabs back where they were and cut out the lower tube of the back half. The tubes I added for the fuel cell should make up for that tube being cut out so I plan on capping it off and letting it ride.

I haven't had a chance to pick it up front the passenger side yet but I think I'm probably going to need a carrier bearing up front. Probably going to go with the wide open designs single end carrier.

Shot of the rear

A little more bootyfab.

Really didn't want to run open headers but I can't come up with a way to run full exhaust and I'm tired of fawkin with it.

Decided to change the dash a little. Took the bend out and used a miter cut to make the panels easier. I had to recess the column because I moved the seats forward and the dash is a touch longer.

All of my driveshaft parts are here minus some joints and tube. Ryan at He-man fixed up one of my yokes to match his carrier bearing for the mid shaft. Great guy to deal with for any kind of driveline parts.

Not sure if I'm just dumb or if there isn't enough room to put the linkages on the bottom side of the shifter pivot bolt. It's tight under there with the case clocked up.

The sweet shift knobs I ordered last week aren't going to match my shift pattern now but fawk it, I'll flip em around backwards.

Gittinit said:
Adjustable detents... Huh. U might be on to something there I have a 205 that pops out of gear and wonder if this would help.

I bet it would fix your problem unless there is something wrong with the case internally. My buddy's old rig was a pain to shift so when I saw these, I had to have them.

bbtank45 said:
Looks awesome, I love the integrated winch. Im working on a very simar build right now. What did your wheelbase up at?

What winch? I haven't put one on it yet :dunno:

Not sure on wheel base. It started around 126, then I shortened it up a few inches in the rear but ended up moving the front out to get the engine lower. Probably right around 123-124 if I had to guess.

Worked on it for a little while today. Mainly mounting random stuff so I can free up some shelf space.

Front light bar brackets. My notcher isn't running straight for some reason.

Steering cooler mounts. I tapped the holes so I don't have to deal with getting a nut on the bottom side.

The engine skid is tacked in but I haven't figured out a good way to tie it in yet.

Holy **** man. Doing work! How many rigs have U built ? Looks like you got **** down pat !! this is gonna be awesome!! theres not a feeling like looking at a parts pile like that and Gettin to tinally put it together IMO. Very nice !! :woot: