• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Dana 60 swap?

You will lose ground clearance..... Something to keep in mind. Especially with a giant 14 bolt..... Try and lower it first and see how you like it.

Ohhh and get a cage :fawkdancesmiley:

I run toy axles with 38.5x 16 wide. Pretty much fortys. I have a 22re, duals, 4.10s

I dont have problems. I run with the dana 60 guys. They dont tow me.

I sleep fine at night. Porter might be able to keep up with me. Maybe.

I did however stay at a holliday in last night.

Porter might be able to keep up with me.
I like a challenge ya know sucka, but do you??:redneck: All **** talking aside there is a reason the big boys run 60s, Do keep in mind that I have ran polished Toys before and well ya know what happened:rolleyes:. What happened was somebody nicknamed me Mr Boom, and Crash:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley::D

I have completely built axles now an haven't had to many problems with them.

So your looking to fix a problem you DONT have?

Do keep in mind that I have ran polished Toys before and well ya know what happened

And you fixed a problem you HAD.

Stop trying to talk the guy into missing out on some good wheeling by tearing his truck apart.

Those Dana60 you have (porter) are not in a TOYOTA, are they? They are not hooked to a set of leafs and pushed by a 22re, are they?

See, if the guy was asking for jeep/cruiser/buggy advice about how to keep axles alive with a V8, I woule BY ALL MEANS suggest building d60s.

But as long as he wheels a turd, enjoy those polished axles.

If the fascination with heavy EXPENSIVE axles still persists, then plan a cruiser/buggy build with a real Tcase and a powerful engine.

Porter, back when you wheeled a toy axle thinmgs like high steer, 30 spl Longs, duals, most lieley hadnt even been invented yet. :fawkdancesmiley:

So I can imagine how frustrating it must have been BACK THEN! :haha:

Porter, back when you wheeled a toy axle thinmgs like high steer, 30 spl Longs, duals, most lieley hadnt even been invented yet. :fawkdancesmiley:

So I can imagine how frustrating it must have been BACK THEN! :haha:
Ya Ya, I am just spreading the word, wish somebody would have convinced me sooner as I would have saved of money in the process. But on the brighter side scrap was up back in the day so I made a little back when shiat failed. Oh and besides my buggy having 60s, so does my Jeep:redneck:. Polished also offcourse.:haha::D

Last edited:

Latest posts