• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Dana 60 swap?

Prefawkingcisely. It's all internet knowledge very little real world experience knowledge. I remember when I was sorta like that... :redneck:

You can't talk **** about someone being a ***** in the mud porter. There are still pics out there of you lightfooting around on the lakebed. :flipoff:
Thats some bullshiat Trash, I was only taking it a little easier as the last trip I left completely covered in mud I was just thinking about a little less cleanup.:fawkdancesmiley:. I dont think you were there for the first trip up there(TC Run), completely epic mud and snow run. Those full throddle hills were the shiat:awesomework:. Absolute best wheeling trip I have been on, we need to do that again late spring.:cool:

Ive done alot more than others my age, bend tube, working on gear installs now, etc.

Congrats, I have done more wrenching than an aboriginal in the outback that don't make me an expert. :;

Thats some bullshiat Trash, I was only taking it a little easier as the last trip I left completely covered in mud I was just thinking about a little less cleanup.:fawkdancesmiley:. I dont think you were there for the first trip up there(TC Run), completely epic mud and snow run. Those full throddle hills were the shiat:awesomework:. Absolute best wheeling trip I have been on, we need to do that again late spring.:cool:

You dont think I was there? I was the one that called that run for tims birthday. :flipoff: Toni beat most of the guys in the torque wrench challenge while her hubby kept you supplied in mgd. :haha:

We split into two groups since there were so many of us.

Congrats, I have done more wrenching than an aboriginal in the outback that don't make me an expert. :;

You dont think I was there? I was the one that called that run for tims birthday. :flipoff: Toni beat most of the guys in the torque wrench challenge while her hubby kept you supplied in mgd. :haha:

We split into two groups since there were so many of us.
Sorry man, I am getting old:rolleyes:. Thats right, we really to do that run again, as that time of year ,the people involved coupled with the campfire shenannagins just was damn fun. Lets plan out a trip this year with all these fools on here.:awesomework:

It might be a year for me haha.

I got mucho to do. ordering DIY beadlocks tonight hopefully, rear end should be rolling on the LJ on 36 iroks this weekend.

Then get stuff to 3 link the front, and then save for some king 2.0s.

Had a talk with one of the machinist at my work today an he said he could shorten a D60 for me for the front an rotate the knuckles for a better pinion angle and also respline axleshafts for me... Looks like a 60 is in my near future just for shits an gigs :fawkdancesmiley:

Had a talk with one of the machinist at my work today an he said he could shorten a D60 for me for the front an rotate the knuckles for a better pinion angle and also respline axleshafts for me... Looks like a 60 is in my near future just for shits an gigs :fawkdancesmiley:
Dont do it, they are heavy, less ground clearence, upgradeyour Toyota axles as they dont break, bend, dont **** ring and pinions, hub gears, etc and you dont have a V-8 or a buggy so you dont need a 60. Whew, did I miss anything?:fawkdancesmiley::D

Were all guilty of it. Buy it, break it, upgrade it, upgrade it. Its a wheeling thing.:redneck:

Not lately. More like buy, build, sell half, buy, rebuild, buy buy buy

Started going too deep into it for how much I make on the Sami, this time it'll be alot more budget but still nicely done. :redneck:

Not lately. More like buy, build, sell half, buy, rebuild, buy buy buy

Started going too deep into it for how much I make on the Sami, this time it'll be alot more budget but still nicely done. :redneck:
They have a 12 step process for your illness.:fawkdancesmiley::haha::D

Dont do it, they are heavy, less ground clearence, upgradeyour Toyota axles as they dont break, bend, dont **** ring and pinions, hub gears, etc and you dont have a V-8 or a buggy so you dont need a 60. Whew, did I miss anything?:fawkdancesmiley::D

I don't think there is any way to upgrade an 8" toy center to make it not **** ring and pinions :( weakest part of the axle after upgrading and anyone that has moved up to a beefier axle after fully building a toyota axle will tell you that's why they upgraded.

but! toy axles are definitely worth running don't get me wrong!!!! i personally wouldn't drop over two grand in a set of toy axles though.

I don't think there is any way to upgrade an 8" toy center to make it not **** ring and pinions :( weakest part of the axle after upgrading and anyone that has moved up to a beefier axle after fully building a toyota axle will tell you that's why they upgraded.

I didnt upgrade after killing rings gears repeatedly.

I went back to 4.10s and put a high pinion up front. No more ring gear probs. NONE.

And if I do, its almost FREE to replace them witt mo 410s!

Latest posts