• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Fuel leakage in frame rail????

HOrunner

I went wheeling on sunday, came home parked truck in garage. Woke up monday morning and garage reaks of gas. 1985 4runner w/22re. From the passengers side shock tower to just befor tranny crossmember is darkened from gas. Inside of frame rail is soaked with gas. Can't find a leak anywhere. The tube from the bottom of the charcoal canister goes into the frame right at the passenger shock tower. I'm assuming this is what is causing it. I have had this truck for six years and now it decides to puke up a little fuel. Anyone have experience with this? Cures? Causes? any help appreciated.

Turn the truck on and let the fuel pump run and pressurize the line, it might show where the leak is.

The vent from the tank goes to the charcoal canister...which goes to the frame rail.

Is the canister full of gas? Or can you tell if was full?

Wa the fuel tank full when you parked it? Could of changed temp, expanded and bled outthrough teh vent line and through the canister.

If you went off camber for an extended period of time the charcoal canister will fill up beings the tank vents to it. Make sure you have all the vacuum lines hooked up and it should be fine.

Sounds like might be off camber situations on a full tank, I let the truck run for a half hour and no signs of leakage, don't drive it on the street so i'll keep an eye on it next time i'm out to see where its coming from. and i have plugged off a few vacuum lines so i'll take a look. thanx And the tank was full before wheeln, but a day at reiter doesn't burn much without any matches

Last edited:

Latest posts