• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota hub studs

I shot a hub off one day backing up but I'm fairly sure my junk was loose. Another hub and some arp studs later I have been fine. Really should check torque on hub and steering arms each day you wheel.

Back to ARP studs. I did some research and apparently the Trail Gear ones are junky and a different color and have a different head than the good ones so they are easily identified. I bought the good ones. I believe it is the Front Range Offroad kit you need over TG.

I've been runnin 12 grade 8 bolts and trail gear flanges for at least 5 years of racing and we rock comps. They must be loctited and kept tight. It has alway a race prep checklist item. Eventually the drive flange will crack not the bolts that fail. I just installed the new TG studless hubs. GREAT product. Huge drive slug. Only have one race on them so far but workin flawlessly. One less item to worry about period. I honestly expect the axle or R&P will fail before the hub now.

Now if I can figure out how to keep from shearing trunion bearing eliminators. (Ya I'm hard on parts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zman2day said:
I've been runnin 12 grade 8 bolts and trail gear flanges for at least 5 years of racing and we rock comps. They must be loctited and kept tight. It has alway a race prep checklist item. Eventually the drive flange will crack not the bolts that fail. I just installed the new TG studless hubs. GREAT product. Huge drive slug. Only have one race on them so far but workin flawlessly. One less item to worry about period. I honestly expect the axle or R&P will fail before the hub now.

Now if I can figure out how to keep from shearing trunion bearing eliminators. (Ya I'm hard on parts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machine new eliminator pins with a 1" shank up into the steering arm, and bore the arm to match

finally got with trail gear and after emailing pics of the hub and them looking up the reciept they are goin to warranty them this time but next time... if they break again... I have to have the broke parts to send to them or they will not warranty them. I cant complain i dont reckon. this is good service from them compared to what ive had from them before. just figured id let you guys know

alscott said:
finally got with trail gear and after emailing pics of the hub and them looking up the reciept they are goin to warranty them this time but next time... if they break again... I have to have the broke parts to send to them or they will not warranty them. I cant complain i dont reckon. this is good service from them compared to what ive had from them before. just figured id let you guys know

I recently broke a set of ARPs on my yota , so I called Low Range and they told me I had to send the broke studs back to Trail Gear...After an hour or two of trying to extract them from the hub I destroyed I said piss on it. They are broke off in there pretty good. If they don't warranty mine I won't be too happy about it.

I was goin be very upset with them if they didnt warranty mine cause ive had a lot of problems with them over the past. But this time i CAN say good things about them. Maybe employees have changed or somethin... i know one dude that worked there couple 3-4 years ago was freakin prick. Thats the problem with becoming such a huge business is forgetting abut the small guy that bought **** from them when they werent big... its pitiful really but not all big business are like just like ruffstuff an some others that I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Take out the 8mm studs and cone washers.
Drill and tap for 7/16 fine thread bolts.

or if you have the $$, buy the new TrailMart internal flange hubs (like a mini-D60)

I used a left hand drill bit to get mine out when I broke them. They weren't locktighted in, and were probably loose anyways, but they all came right out. Sometimes a little heat will melt thread locker and make it easier to remove them.