• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota motor upgrade talk...

what do we all try to accomplish with changing our gear ratios etc? torque? why not start out with it in a simple to wire and maintain and almost indestructible power plant? especially the non-turbo version, less power but almost nothing can hurt it or go wrong with it. not to mention more torque out of a 3.9 than most 350s will make

because putting 4.88s in and keeping my 300lb 22R was more painless than dropping in a 900lb oil burner.

FordFrk06 said:
i dont think supras had the 7mgte untill the 90s.

it's been a few years since he sold it.. but I'm pretty sure the 87 supra my step dad had, was a 7mgte.

Does the straight 6 even fit in a toy truck?

I vote 4.3 or 5.0 HO ford. Easy wiring.

EDIT: here's the good link paulie posted: http://www.supracharged.com/other_trucks/john/

EDIT Again: After reading the link... I think a V8 swap would be less work and have more room..

Last edited:
Totalled said:
it's been a few years since he sold it.. but I'm pretty sure the 87 supra my step dad had, was a 7mgte.

Does the straight 6 even fit in a toy truck?

I vote 4.3 or 5.0 HO ford. Easy wiring.
It will fit in a Tacoma mini truck...

Linky...

JACKED944RUNNER said:
A 22re is a fine motor just add gearing to match the tire size maybe 4.88 or 5.29.

A finer motor for what? It's a great fuel effecient motor for a daily driver but aren't worth a **** for a wheeling rig...

...just ask Gash :flipoff:

JACKED944RUNNER said:
A 22re is a fine motor just add gearing to match the tire size maybe 4.88 or 5.29.

Ya--I used to say that too--spent thousands of $$ trying to get enough torque out that motor----bla...

i spent the cost of a rebuilt longblock for my lc turd. pulled a vw rabbit from wyoming easily at highway speeds. it gets it awwwnnnn, and it blew up a toyota turbo tranny. its a nasty 4popper:flipoff:

Latest posts