• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota pump for full hydo

toyotalandman

i drilled out the stock pump to allow for more flow and has work with the ram assist for years. Will a stock pump drilled out run full hydro?

Yup, I run it both my rigs, and my friends rig. we did shim his piston for more pressure, and has worked fine so far, we were worried the pump wont last long, so we will see.but on both my rigs I just drilled out the brass bushing to alow more flow.

cool thank thats what i needed to know. I was worried it didn't have enoughf pressure and i would not responed well. I didn't want to buy a high pressure because i mite go vortec.

I told Jeremy he should have talked to you about hydro stuff. He just ordered up a trail gear pump last night.

I used a toy pump drilled out and with 2 shims added and it lasted for a couple years. Get a reservoir and a cooler. How quickly a pump can move volume is just as important as pump pressure. That's what the aftermarket pumps do well at.

Last edited:
ya i guess i should have mentioned that, we have a cooler , and a semi truck steering resivour for a resivour.it holds like 2 quarts of fluid, and the cooler is just a tranny cooler from vatozone.

can you snap a photo of your reservoir brian? We were thinking of getting a 22re res. and modifying it. where did you pick yours up from?

I dont rember the size off hand but when you pull out the fitting and turn over you can see how thick the brass part is, drill as big as you can without drilling the brass out completely.