• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota pwr steering pump, ram assist, drilled steering box & full hydro questions...

I was wrong--I lopped both sides off....

As for the ram---you would be ok to run the top one too...

Attachments

• hydroassist.jpg
    hydroassist.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 79
thanks!, i think i'll go that route, after upgrading the ends on the hyd ram and other parts i'd be getting close to the tg setup. but i'll be tapping my own box and doing the TC Saginaw pump mod. thanks for all this help guys!

I was wrong--I lopped both sides off....

As for the ram---you would be ok to run the top one too...

would it be a large differance if i ran the top one? especially with the 1/4" rod size difference? i will be installing the modded saginaw steering pump, since mine is leaking real bad anyhow. i don't want to get something that is slow, and not too helpful, to and from the trail or in the large rocks, while i'm trying to turn 39.5 iroks... and i also want the ability to easily mount the ram, which is why i was looking at the top one of my choices, if so i'd be able to do it a lot cheaper. i just don't like how the bottom one would mount without heavy modification. still at a loss on SAE sizing for the fittings though. do they make 6sae to 1/4npt that i can install into the ram? probably just an adapter...

Last edited:
why not just go full hydro instead of assist? As Crash stated I've got a stock saginaw pump unmodded for my steer set up and it seems to work for me.

because i just put the highsteer kit in... and i want to get the rig on the trail in the near future... if i go full hydro, then i've got to get a lot more parts... and dump the histeer kit i just installed.... otherwise i would. so hyd assist for now.

because i just put the highsteer kit in... and i want to get the rig on the trail in the near future... if i go full hydro, then i've got to get a lot more parts... and dump the histeer kit i just installed.... otherwise i would. so hyd assist for now.

if you ever wanna drive it one the street, dont go full hydro.

and that's the other reason. that and i've been tossing the idea of turning it into a formula toy in a few years. and full hydro isn't legal. but I might just make it a not legal for comp ftoy, so it'd be just for trail use. that's after I crush the body enough to justify replacement.