• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota trunnion bearing

So anymore word on the eliminator kit? Im getting ready to build my front axle and im trying to decide if i should try it or not? any opinions?

So anymore word on the eliminator kit? Im getting ready to build my front axle and im trying to decide if i should try it or not? any opinions?

Seriously? Why the fawk would you mess with a birf eliminator that is weaker than even the chinese dirty 30 garbage? Get bobbies birfs even if only in 27 spline with stock inners and it'll hold up better than an eliminator pile of ****.

Seriously? Why the fawk would you mess with a birf eliminator that is weaker than even the chinese dirty 30 garbage? Get bobbies birfs even if only in 27 spline with stock inners and it'll hold up better than an eliminator pile of ****.

easy big guy. He meant "trunion eliminator".:haha::beer:

i just replaced all 4 of mine i got them at napa 30303 or 3303 something like that is the number for them they are 30 dollar each there

whats wrong with the dirty 30s thats what i got hell no questions asked lifetime warrenty if for some reason they break i get them replaced for free
whats the tincel stregth difference between TG dirty 30 and longfield 30 ?????????

whats wrong with the dirty 30s thats what i got hell no questions asked lifetime warrenty if for some reason they break i get them replaced for free
whats the tincel stregth difference between TG dirty 30 and longfield 30 ?????????

You buy **** parts at vatozone for the lifetime of replacing that **** too don't you?

Yeah i am getting bobbys birfs and his hub gears. I'm just debating on if i want to be the one to test the "TRUNION ELIMATOR KIT" or not since i don't know anyone running it.

Last edited:
Yeah i am getting bobbys birfs and his hub gears. I'm just debating on if i want to be the one to test the "TRUNION ELIMATOR KIT" or not since i don't know anyone running it.

Jeremy (i think tin top hick on here) runs them with TG six shooters. He swears by them. He has broken multiple Trunion pins on regular high steer and on the six shooters. Hasn't had an issue with the TBE kit. He's running 39's and full hydro.

Last edited:
Yeah i have the six shooter highsteer i just have to order the nuckles. I just havent heard very much about it and i don't personally know anyone that has it. I'm just getting really tired of not having a rig together so i'm ordering parts like crazy trying to get my rig going. I think i might just say to hell with it and try it :D, Cus i dont want to wait for months to see what everyone thinks of them. I'm not that worried about the pin with the six shooters, as long as you keep the arms tight they should be fine right? I'm more worried just about the bearing destroying my bobbys and what not. The other thing is i want the truck to be capable of going down the road decent so i was wondering about how it would handle on the road, it's guna be a wheeler but as much money thats going into the pile i want to be able to drive it to work if i feel like it.

Last edited:
I have six shooters and the eliminator kit. They have worked great for me since I went to the eliminators. It is true that the trail gear pins are soft. I kept the hysteer arms tight and they still seem to find a way to distort and shift. You will probably be alright with the six shooters but I would go with the stock trunion bearings that everyone has suggested. They say the eliminator kit should be only run on offroad ony rigs. I only run mine offroad and haven't had any trouble yet.

Have you had it apart yet since you installed it? I'm wondering how it's all guna wear and what not.

Frank you are very badly informed.

I dont care much about your grease crusade but,,,,,,,

I do have some experience with killing trunion bearings. I have even sheared off the pins that hold it all together.

First understand this, trunion bearings ONLY turn about 30-40 degrees MAX. They are not a wheel bearing, they DO NO ever spin a full circle.

They will never build heat or need fancy lube.

I would bet any amount of money that a stock KOYO (not timkrap) with NO LUBE AT ALL will outlast a trail gear bearing with whatever kinda lube you want.

Now heres the problem, your the ONLY stupid fawker that does not believe that so YOU will NEVER find a person to go along with your test.

**** bro, let it die.:rolleyes:

you will be hanging from a end of a rope,,

This is a pretty good way to earn an ass beating.

Remember frank, ya never know who you will meet in life and where.

Insulting Bobby and others here is a great way to earn a can of whoop ass served fresh to your chin.

Honestly, I bet someone busts your typing fingers first.