• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tractor insurance

85toyo

I would like to start hauling my tractor to our hunting property that we lease but my State Farm agent is having a hard time finding a policy that fits my needs.

So my questions are:

What type of policy do you have?
Who is it through?
What does it cover?
Does it cover the attachments that are on the tractor?
What is annual cost and what is the stated value of the tractor you are insuring?

Check to see what your local farmer has on his tractor. It could be farm related, good luck.

mikeparker said:
Check to see what your local farmer has on his tractor. It could be farm related, good luck.

A farmer would probably have a commercial policy because he is using his tractor for a business.

A few people on another site recommended Alfa. I just spoke with an agent and she said they will not do an individual policy if you do not have auto or home insurance with them.

There are a lot of small farms where they work a primary job and have "bumper" patches, cows, or other critters. There's the commercial farmer usually tends 1000+ acres the small farms might do 5+.

Check your truck ins. I was told by st farm in tenn. That if it's hooked to your truck it's covered ( that's for transport purposes) . It's easy to cover equipment. All my tractors and equipment is covered. I have a commercial policy and a farm and ranch policy

halcat said:
Check your truck ins. I was told by st farm in tenn. That if it's hooked to your truck it's covered ( that's for transport purposes) . It's easy to cover equipment. All my tractors and equipment is covered. I have a commercial policy and a farm and ranch policy

I thought the same until I talked to my agent today. He said anything that I pull, that doesn't have it's own policy, only has liability coverage.

Equipment insurance international 1-800-476-2379 I have all risk physical damage on 2014 kubota loader bush hog and box blade $200 deductible 26k coverage for $221.67 a year. Give them a call

al1tonyota said:
Equipment insurance international 1-800-476-2379 I have all risk physical damage on 2014 kubota loader bush hog and box blade $200 deductible 26k coverage for $221.67 a year. Give them a call

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Another problem I have is getting a accurate value for my tractor so I know how much coverage to get. It's a 03 L3830 Kubota,4x4, front end loader with hydrostatic transmission. I was thinking $20,000 would probably be plenty to cover the tractor plus any attachments. Might go ahead and get 25 just incase.

Re: Tractor insurance

Kubota has an awesome insurance policy directly from them. Not sure if it's available on a model that old or not though.

Re: Tractor insurance

Heath T said:
Kubota has an awesome insurance policy directly from them. Not sure if it's available on a model that old or not though.
The one above is who my local kubota dealer uses they will keep insuring after I pay it off also.

John Deer is running some kind of 0% financing and included insurance deal right now to entice people to buy new tractors, or at least stay green. . I would believe Kubota is probably doing something similar, check Kubota's website, your local dealer may not be pushing it.