• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail closures

what options on trail closuers (seasonal)

• seasonal closure

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Tire size restriction

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • special use permits

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Gibby you have been granted your wish to pay to wheel at Elbe .....
As of July 1st 2011 you have to buy a $30 discover pass for your tow rig. And if your wheeling rig of choice is plated instead of ORV tagged you get to spend a additional $30 for a pass for it to.

As of July 1st 2011 you have to buy a $30 discover pass for your tow rig. And if your wheeling rig of choice is plated instead of ORV tagged you get to spend a additional $30 for a pass for it to.

Why am I working on finishing my wheeler again? **** this state and **** their ideas of what is right. I'll wheel whether they like it or not. :booo:

Impossible, China and India will own the U.S.
truth:mad:

Great..So now the trails are going to be for richie rich popped collared matching jacket douche bags that think they OWN the world...:rb:

I will still go wheeling! Elbe is played out... Find me where people dont talk about it online....:awesomework:

Why am I working on finishing my wheeler again? **** this state and **** their ideas of what is right. I'll wheel whether they like it or not. :booo:

****, Mine is getting turned back into a hwy rig.. Its the next 1 thats worrying me... Oregon Just brought the SUCK:rolleyes: to with there bumper law BS!!:booo:

Idaho?:eeek:

Do you got any more info on this .Or are just passing on rumors.Too cause a bunch of bullshit and get more people pissed off. If you got more info please pass it on too the rest of us.
Thanx Duane

Idaho or Montana, I also hear Wyoming is nice. Maybe we need to do what the Mormons did and get our own state. Maybe have a North and South, so the little and big wheelers can have their own trails with out fighting. Call it Wheel'daho.

Idaho or Montana, I also hear Wyoming is nice. Maybe we need to do what the Mormons did and get our own state. Maybe have a North and South, so the little and big wheelers can have their own trails with out fighting. Call it Wheel'daho.

Agreed make the split along the cascades. The rain forest can be one side the desert will be the other. It would be a politically perfect move. The west side can get rid of it's conservative right leaning voters always trying to screw their libtarded elections up and us on the east side will shed the burden of the libtards draining our coffers constantly. :D

ORV tagged OHVs were exempted in a revision . Its under definition of a Vehicle.
I am not a 100% on that because I am not a lawyer and it is confusing to read all that documentation on three separate amendments to the original bill. So read them all .

Last edited:
ORV tagged OHVs were exempted in a revision . Its under definition of a Vehicle.
I am not a 100% on that because I am not a lawyer and it is confusing to read all that documentation on three separate amendments to the original bill. So read them all .

Yes it is confusing to read and there were changes made but the way I read it the definition of "vehicle" still includes ORV tagged vehicles.
There's no need to read anything but the bill which was passed.

**** you Gabe you cheap prick!:rolleyes: You don't have a tow rig and barely have a wheeler. Our choice was basically Pay to play or lose even more areas. I can say w/o a doubt that if this didn't pass the entire Nova fund would have been dumped into state parks.

If being able to afford $30 a year to wheel my closest area makes me a "Richie Rich .............. Douche bag" Then just call me Mr. Howell I guess. I'll hire ya to wash my truck and shine my boots when I'm done wheelin'. :hi::kissmyass:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2011-12/Pdf/Bills/Senate Passed Legislature/5622-S2.PL.pdf
26 (6) "Motor vehicle" has the same meaning as defined in RCW
27 46.04.320 and which are required to be registered under chapter 46.16A
28 RCW. "Motor vehicle" does not include those motor vehicles exempt from
29 registration under RCW 46.16A.080 and state and publicly owned motor
30 vehicles as provided in RCW 46.16A.170.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.16A.080
Line 5 and 8 on the above document.

Last edited:
Line 5 doesn't apply as this isn't a "national" recreation area. Reiter is state owned.
Here's line 8.....
8) Off-road vehicles operated on a street, road, or highway as authorized under RCW 46.09.360, or nonhighway roads under RCW 46.09.450;
RCW 46.09.450 applies to non highway roads of which Reiter is not.
RCW 46.09.360 is also on road use which again Reiters "trails" are not roads.

So, from what I understand is then $30.00 for the truck, $30.00 for the jeep that are licensed...correct? How about the trailer I pull the jeep on, it's licensed?

Does this Discovery Pass replace the NW Forrest Pass, or that still required also?

How & where would one acquire all these passes?

Like I said this is only my interpretation. And I am by far perfect. But it seems I am not the only one that see's it that way.
http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=872558#post872558

I would be willing to bet that not more than 4 or 5 of us have actually read the bill and a couple of those guys can't read.:haha:
Most people form opinions based on other peoples opinion.:rolleyes: If the exemption is there I would really like to see it for clarification.

So, from what I understand is then $30.00 for the truck, $30.00 for the jeep that are licensed...correct? How about the trailer I pull the jeep on, it's licensed?

Does this Discovery Pass replace the NW Forrest Pass, or that still required also?

How & where would one acquire all these passes?

Not required for the trailer. NW forest pass is completely different and still required as it was where applicable.

I think we should get a free one based on xx number of hours logged at work parties from the year before... I'm thinking 40 hours is a good number... Some of us already log more than that a year and would still be doing it anyway...

I think we should get a free one based on xx number of hours logged at work parties from the year before... I'm thinking 40 hours is a good number... Some of us already log more than that a year and would still be doing it anyway...

Have you read the bill? You get a free pass with 25 hours logged at work parties..Bad part is the system doesn't start until end of July so current work parties don't count.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts