• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail closures

what options on trail closuers (seasonal)

• seasonal closure

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Tire size restriction

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • special use permits

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am for this option, but I disagree with the amount of hours needed to earn a free pass.

Minimum wage in Washington is $8.67.

25hrs x $8.67 = $216.75

That math does not add up.

This math does-

4hrs x $8.67 = $34.68

With this logic, a full 8 hour work party day should earn you a free pass for your trail rig AND tow rig.

Who do we talk to about this? I am ready to raise the BS flag on 25hrs for a free pass.

I am all about work parties and putting in more than 8 hours, but they need to be realistic with the hours. A lot of us would get our "free" pass just in time for it to expire if 25hrs are required. And who tracks the time?

With this in mind, if we work even more hours I wonder if we could get a program set up where the money earned from the extra hours goes into a budget set aside FOR THE WHEELING AREA THAT THE WORK WAS PERFORMED?

Example. 20 people put in an 8 hour work party day. That is a total of 160 hours worked. 160 x $8.67 = $1387.20.

With this plan, not only would we be actively restoring impacted areas but we would also earn a small budget for the area for supplies and upkeep.

What say you all?

I actually think it should be 40 hours minimum...

Its easy. Just steal. They cheat, lie and steal from us.

Do it to them.

I just go to work parties and sign the sheet and then go wheeling. Im not working, Im wheeling. Its a fair shake to me. They are dishonest and so am I. Steal from me, I will lie to you.

(and PS, I dont lose sleep over it)

Just think of it a a reciprocating scumbag pass. I let them be scumbags in office, they let me be a scumbag in the woods.

Your true character is clearly displayed here.

Who do we talk to about this? I am ready to raise the BS flag on 25hrs for a free pass.

In 2 years the law will be updated to (cost us more money more than likley). That would be a good time to try and get the volunteer hours adjusted too.....

Also just to add the current system of signing in for a work party may or may not remain in place but the free pass isn't as a result of the sign in sheet. There is supposed to be a voucher system started where the DNR gives you a voucher so you can take it to the local lisence office to get your free pass.....I think there's going to be better ways to get around this system.:;

It's been a long time since I've visited the site, mainly because wheelin has become so expensive (due to driving to eastern wa) I can't really afford it anymore.

Here's my take:

Season closures: The trails in the Naches and Rimrock are the best we have. They get really torn up before the areas dry out, so I wouldn't mind a seasonal closure.

Pay to play: in todays economy I don't think it's realistic to think there will be any state or federal money put towards forest land, especially for wheelin purposes. I would be willing to buy a forest pass and pay $20 to wheel at Naches or Rimrock for a day if that meant all of that money was put toward maintaining the 4X4 trails. Same thing for quads and bikes, they pay their $20 and that money goes toward maintaining their trails.

More trails: There is a ton of public land in central eastern washington that could be used for wheelin. the high desert over there is full of huge canyons that could be developed for trails. It's a different kind of wheelin, but it's better than nothing.

It's not up to me, my days of wheelin are over. I'm spending more time with my kids the next few years before they move out of the house. When it's just me and the wife, we want to travel and I'm already looking toward retirement on a sunny beach somewhere.

I've had fun wheelin with some of the peeps on this forum and I wish you guys well. I grew up wheelin in the Naches and Rimrock areas. Mostly I just loved being out in the woods.

Later Gents, I'm outta here :hi:

Oh, one more thing :flipoff:

Elbe is not a wheeling destination for you Dale, its your experiment.

I have no problem investing in a place I wheel, I have no interest in investing in YOUR experiment.

Send me your address and I'll send your $20 back.

You should also get your facts straight. You're way off on many of the points that you are trying to make. You're making judgements on inaccurate information.

Damn the stink of an extreme case of inferiority complex is unmistakable. Rather than wallow in your own self pitty try doing what those that make you feel inferior did and get off your ass and change your tomorrow for the better. Ya think people went from the poor house to fortune 500 business ownership by sitting back whining like a bitch about how everyone else has stuff and you don't? :haha:

Brad..you are lazy by choice hence poor...without the roommate and girlfriend you would probably not eat near as much...might be a good thing for you though....:looser:

Elbe is not a wheeling destination for you Dale, its your experiment.

I have no problem investing in a place I wheel, I have no interest in investing in YOUR experiment.

You don't want to do anything unless its your way. You aren't willing to really put the effort in to doing something even when it is your way, but you sure as hell are willing to piss and moan when changes are made you don't agree with.

So, you're childish and a punk. I get it. At least Money Mark brought something to this sport.

Last edited:
You don't want to do anything unless its your way. You aren't willing to really put the effort in to doing something even when it is your way, but you sure as hell are willing to piss and moan when changes are made you don't agree with.

So, you're childish and a punk. I get it. At least Money Mark brought something to this sport.

How did Money mark get brought into this?

Have you ever even met mark or wheeled with him? Obviously not or you wouldn't talk ****.

Whose talking ****? Read my comment again and tell me where I was talking ****.

I was simply wondering how the conversation came around to Money Mark?

Perhaps he and Chop Shop got into it somewhere else?

The name just seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

How did Money mark get brought into this?

Just pointing out that for all the **** stirring he did, a banned member that got out of four wheeling has done more for our sport than a person still on this board and is four wheeling.

Whose talking ****? Read my comment again and tell me where I was talking ****.

I was simply wondering how the conversation came around to Money Mark?

Perhaps he and Chop Shop got into it somewhere else?

The name just seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

I reread your qoute, saw that money was in it I thought you were calling money a childish punk who whines and does **** for the community. My bad, my reading comprehension is a little off today i guess...

oh well it was a good experiment but damn this thread got off track a bit . Its ran its course

Status
Not open for further replies.