• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail gears new longfield.

Re:

I'll have a new set of RCV 30/30/30 spline FJ80 axles by the weekend, fawk Trail Gear. Can't beat RCV's customer service too! Again, I say fawk Trail Gear.

Re:

I bought longs second hand. I have put them in tight situations many times! Still going strong. If I ever man up and but fj80 s I will be going with rvc

Re:

hjpcummins said:
I bought longs second hand. I have put them in tight situations many times! Still going strong. If I ever man up and but fj80 s I will be going with rvc

I would go tons before I wasted my time with FJ80 stuff....gonna cost you about the same to build the front end, might as well have a built ton over a built FJ80

i run 39s an 9 lbs boost on my cab truck an broke about 5 longs in 5 years an one stock rear... now ive got a buggy with 42s an 15 lbs boost an havent broke a long in almost 2 years but started breakin stock rear shafts bout every other trip. put trail gear rear axles in an havent broke one yet... maybe i got the only good set ever made??? when i break another long im goin straight to rcv for a new set

Rjhoward32006 said:
I won't be buying anything with the word chromo from them again, RCV for the win.
Now only if my wallet agreed with my decision.

You have to pay extra for the 300m inners from RCV I believe. And the outer is still "chromo" if I am not mistaken. I don't think they have a 300m outer option?

patooyee said:
You have to pay extra for the 300m inners from RCV I believe. And the outer is still "chromo" if I am not mistaken. I don't think they have a 300m outer option?

I believe this is correct. Think it was only like $150 more, and that's worth it in my opinion. Well, not sure on mini trucks since the birf's are a little smaller, guess the birf and the inner both could be weak points there, unlike the past two FJ80 inners that I broke at the birf splines.

And I don't believe they offer the 300m inner option for the FJ80's either. I didn't even ask since I was already paying extra for the 30/30/30 option over the oem spline specs of 30/24/30. I figure these new ones will be plenty of an upgrade for me... *fingers crossed

Re: Re: Re: Trail gears new longfield.

jordan7118 said:
I'm saving pennies for the FJ80 30-30-30 kit. Curious to hear what you think of them :popcorn:

Gonna beat em next weekend at Choccolocco and will report back!

I don't figure I'll have any issues with them...I really had to get in a super tough bind to break the old Longfield inners. Gonna try to compensate a little with driving style too.

Re: Re: Trail gears new longfield.

Got them bitches installed tonight! Comparison pics are beside my broken course 24 spline Longs.

ty7a7aha.jpg

edu6areh.jpg

e4e9y7a9.jpg

a9aby2yj.jpg

4u2a9uma.jpg

sebejuma.jpg

my5evy8a.jpg

peda8y3a.jpg

eta6ases.jpg

u4anezum.jpg

6eqeju6a.jpg

jy5y5ugy.jpg

I like them, they should take care of the weak point in the neck down area before the spline. Really like that there is no relieve cut into the splines too.

Keep us posted how they hold up. :driving: