• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail question....

2pwrlftrs4u

NWW Meanie
i know chris mentioned this in another thread but i would like to tell you guys what happend and get some feedback....

we took a break and walked to the cabin on the Naches trail. the cabin was in good shape, clean and no trash. few mins later 4 bikes come flying up to the cabin. we informed them they should not be "off of the trail" on any type of motorized vehicle. one rider's reply was "i have been coming here for 15 years,and i have never heard that, i am a "Snow Jammer" we do alot of the work up here...

IMHO if he really was a SnoJammer he should have known better... 15 mins later 2 forest servicemen showed up on foot stating they were following the bike tracks on the trail.

we wonder why we are losing so many trails!?!?!??!

what do you guys do when you see things like this or worse acts. some have suggested taking pics of vehicles and plate numbers and posting them or emailing them to the Police.

To add, the reason they "saw no signs" was they came up the foot/horse path that leads to the back side of the cabin by the outhouse which I believe they're not even supposed to be on. Does anyone know for sure about that path?

benw said:
isn't that the pacific crest trail? Definately should not be any motorized ORVs on that trail.

thats what i said.... the part that made me mad was "i have been coming up here for 15 years, i am a snojammer"

benw said:
isn't that the pacific crest trail? Definately should not be any motorized ORVs on that trail.
Pacific Crest goes N-S. There is another foot trail that parallels the Naches. That's about all I know of it though.

2pwrlftrs4u said:
what do you guys do when you see things like this or worse acts. some have suggested taking pics of vehicles and plate numbers and posting them or emailing them to the Police.

That's what I would do. Then I would see if they ("Snow Jammers") had a webpage or forum and post on there about it.

i think i would say something like...

then you wont mind if i take a picture of your group in this "authorized area" do you. can you please remove your helmet and smile for the camera?

even if they did mind i would snap the picture then i would post it both here and on thier own forum and a personel e mail to thier club president CC'd to the official land owner asking for his public explanation.

skrause said:

Looks like you 3 have a new mission...........

Club Contacts
PresidentCraig DeCato 253-535-8841
27080.gif
Vice PresidentMike Eveler 360-893-3035
28545.gif
TreasurerConnie Byers 360-886-0337
50661.gif
MembershipGlenn Markovits 253-840-1657
27940.gif
WebmasterGlenn Markovits 253-840-1657
27940.gif
WebmasterTom Imm 253-370-6145
21858.gif
Grooming CoordinatorAlan Murrow 360-897-8850
27942.gif

Last edited:
The trail is posted closed to bikes as it shows on the sign as you walk from the parking area.
2006-07-29-11.jpg

Next time take their picture and turn them in.

Ceg said:
The trail is posted closed to bikes as it shows on the sign as you walk from the parking area.
They did not come from the parking area. Also most of the signage in the parking area has been shot up, knocked down, or is just gone.

skrause said:
They did not come from the parking area. Also most of the signage in the parking area has been shot up, knocked down, or is just gone.
That picture was taken at the end of July and I think it was still there when I was there on September 30th. That is the Pacific Crest Trail and is post in many places. If these guys were Snojammers they would know not to be there if they had been going there for years.

I believe it is also posted here on the left post of this sign. This pic was taking Sept. 30th, 2006.
100_2842.JPG

Yes it clearly marked on the sign under the tree, and their was another sign shot up and knocked down in the mud hole in the parking area. But like others said..they did not come in through the parking area but came in through a foot/horse trail. None the less and nothing in their defense, they were pounding beers and riding dirt bikes..and they represented the snojammers so they say, no wonder why the "MAN" is trying to shut down our trails.:mad:

*AND YES THE SIGN IN THE MUD HOLE WAS RIGHTED AND AN ATTEMPT TO KEEP IT UP WAS MADE*

GRNTACO said:
That's what I would do. Then I would see if they ("Snow Jammers") had a webpage or forum and post on there about it.

crash said:
Man--I would be on a mission if that was me :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guys--stir the :stirpot: and make some noise!!!!!!

bwahahahahaha now you two have got me going :2guns:

Someone draft an email. I wouldn't make it bashing or threatening but make is so they are aware there is more then one user group policing the trails......hiking or ORV.

I would send a copy even though I wasn't there.:corn:

GRNTACO said:
Someone draft an email. I wouldn't make it bashing or threatening but make is so they are aware there is more then one user group policing the trails......hiking or ORV.

I would send a copy even though I wasn't there.:corn:

i will send you an email ...you can use what you want and add to if you wanna send it

Latest posts