• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail safety

stuftmunky2k

Well-Known Member
Messages
382
After some unfortunate events that unfolded this weekend makes you realize a split second decision could be the last second of you life. Please be aware of your surroundings out on the trail. Dont crowd the bottom of a obstacles. If rig breaks on obstacle back it off to flat ground to access the damage. Never trust the rig is in park. I personally have been guilty and have seen multiple people want to get under rig to see what beoke. Its not worth it back it down then go from there. After this weekends events i and the other rig in our group have purchased good first aide kits to keep in the rig at all times. Just makes you think. I always have belts on even if you driving to the shower house or shitter. My rig doesnt move untill everyone is belted in no matter how far we are going. Just stay safe guys doing what we love doesnt have to cost you your life or someone elses.
 

easleycrawler

Yota Freak
Messages
1,131
stuftmunky2k said:
After some unfortunate events that unfolded this weekend makes you realize a split second decision could be the last second of you life. Please be aware of your surroundings out on the trail. Dont crowd the bottom of a obstacles. If rig breaks on obstacle back it off to flat ground to access the damage. Never trust the rig is in park. I personally have been guilty and have seen multiple people want to get under rig to see what beoke. Its not worth it back it down then go from there. After this weekends events i and the other rig in our group have purchased good first aide kits to keep in the rig at all times. Just makes you think. I always have belts on even if you driving to the shower house or shitter. My rig doesnt move untill everyone is belted in no matter how far we are going. Just stay safe guys doing what we love doesnt have to cost you your life or someone elses.


So, what happened this weekend?
 

Bebop

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,468
stuftmunky2k said:
After some unfortunate events that unfolded this weekend makes you realize a split second decision could be the last second of you life. Please be aware of your surroundings out on the trail. Dont crowd the bottom of a obstacles. If rig breaks on obstacle back it off to flat ground to access the damage. Never trust the rig is in park. I personally have been guilty and have seen multiple people want to get under rig to see what beoke. Its not worth it back it down then go from there. After this weekends events i and the other rig in our group have purchased good first aide kits to keep in the rig at all times. Just makes you think. I always have belts on even if you driving to the shower house or shitter. My rig doesnt move untill everyone is belted in no matter how far we are going. Just stay safe guys doing what we love doesnt have to cost you your life or someone elses.

Good reminder.
Hopefully nothing too bad happened to you/your friends.
 

stuftmunky2k

Well-Known Member
Messages
382
Guy broke driveshaft on hill. Put it in park got out to access the damage. Rig come out of park while he was crouched under it. He got caught under rig and needless to say lost his life from injurys. Rig rolled down hill and blasted razors that was crowding the bottom. Luckily nobody else got ran over. Wasnt anyone in our group but witnessed everything. Makes you really think
 

The Luke

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,825
I heard about that on Facebook. That’s horrible. Prayers out to everyone involved.
 

Zjman

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,882
That had to be horrible to witness, can’t imagine having so much fun and bam total horror.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

stuftmunky2k

Well-Known Member
Messages
382
Zjman said:
That had to be horrible to witness, can’t imagine having so much fun and bam total horror.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ya man takes the wind right out of your sails for sure dont wish the upon anyone.
 

P

If its free, its P
Staff member
Messages
3,206
Zjman said:
That had to be horrible to witness, can’t imagine having so much fun and bam total horror.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It sucks the air out of the park. Unfortunately been there before. Always hate to hear of someone being injured or killed doing something we all enjoy. Take the time to be safe, calm people around you down before hasty decisions get made. I'm certain his adrenaline was pumping and he was excited, unfortunately one small poor decision cost him his life. Stay safe out there guys !
 

offroadohio

Well-Known Member
Messages
293
I was at Wellsville one time and as I was coming out of my rig the parking pin popped and it took off down over the hill luckily I was already on my way out the door and was able to get out of the way with only getting knocked over. I also had an incident where I broke on an obstacle and I shut the vehicle off and put it in park when I took my foot off of the brake it Road just enough that it's lit off of the rock it was sitting on and put them over onto its side luckily me the girlfriend and my daughter all still buckled in.

Until now it has never dawned on me how easily both of those scenarios could have gone wrong.


Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
 

smbroady82

Well-Known Member
Messages
4,309
I hate to hear that. Everyone please be safe out there. If you see someone doing something ill advised don't hesitate to speak up, you could save someone's life.
 

kmcminn

Well-Known Member
Messages
5,888
smbroady82 said:
I hate to hear that. Everyone please be safe out there. If you see someone doing something ill advised don't hesitate to speak up, you could save someone's life.

Absolutely.

Please, if you see me doing something stupid stop me.
 

BamaReno

Well-Known Member
Messages
162
Saw a guy get killed at a park here in Bama. Rzr rolled over on flat ground,driver wasnt wearing seat belt and his head got mashed between roll bar and the ground... It ruins the day for sure. Prayers for the family
 

offroadohio

Well-Known Member
Messages
293
Re: Re: Trail safety

BamaReno said:
Saw a guy get killed at a park here in Bama. Rzr rolled over on flat ground,driver wasnt wearing seat belt and his head got mashed between roll bar and the ground... It ruins the day for sure. Prayers for the family
That happened to a good friend of mine. She was passenger in a jeep and even had her belts on (but loosely) very mild lay over close to camp and she managed to somehow end up between roll bar and ground.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
 

DrankinInTheWoods

Bandz a Make Her Dance
Messages
302
I watched an XJ roll over a guys torso on Tub Rock at Grayrock one time. The guy immediately got up and chased it. Probably one of the craziest things I have ever seen.
 

The Luke

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,825
Bringing this back up. Maybe it needs a new thread?

After some recent accidents during our wheeling trips, I've been wanting to invest in 2 things. A GOOD trauma kit that could actually save someone's life(compared to a box of Dora the explorer bandaids) and a first aid class or two. Does anyone have any good kits that they recommend or have had good luck with?
 

The-Boss

Well-Known Member
Messages
657
I dont have any kit advice. But would also like to hear.
Any other lessons learned or reminders from the recent accidents?
 

Latest posts

Top