• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer Security

tyleecw

So, I'm going to Jacksonville in a couple weeks to take my oldest son his truck. He is stationed at the Naval Base there and needs a way to get around the next few years. Figure we would make a long weekend of it. I don't want to drag the trailer everywhere we go so figured we could drop it at the hotel (maybe on base).

Anyways, does anyone have suggestions on a good way to secure it or ??????

Tongue lock, run cable locks through the wheels and around the leaf springs, remove the jack handle.

I have insurance on my trailer for this reason. For $3 a month, state farms buys me a new one if mine is stolen.

Have him check with MWR and see if they have a short term parking location. I know some folks who will use the on base lodging parking area for short term storage; would be very easy especially if he reserved you a room with them. If he is staying in the dorms, you can probably leave it in their parking lot; he should be able to verify that. I see trailers at our dorms (Tyndall) all the time. A final option would be have him ask around the unit to see if he could leave it at someone's place.

85toyo said:
Tongue lock, run cable locks through the wheels and around the leaf springs, remove the jack handle.

I have insurance on my trailer for this reason. For $3 a month, state farms buys me a new one if mine is stolen.

This, or 1/2" cable through the wheels with a Master lock.

Diamond B said:
Have him check with MWR and see if they have a short term parking location. I know some folks who will use the on base lodging parking area for short term storage; would be very easy especially if he reserved you a room with them. If he is staying in the dorms, you can probably leave it in their parking lot; he should be able to verify that. I see trailers at our dorms (Tyndall) all the time. A final option would be have him ask around the unit to see if he could leave it at someone's place.
Thanks, I'll have him check on it. Planning on the Navy Lodge but, wasn't sure about security.
Was planning on locking the tongue and cable the wheels but, locks only keep honest people honest.

Re:

kushKrawlin said:
**** YES!!! Mexican midgets at that. Been talkin bout gettin one for many years now. Only seen one in my whole life.

I was in Reynosa, Mexico back in the summer and didn't think to bring any back. What a dumbass I am. Guess I could have rented them out but, didn't realize the was a market for the really short ones.

By the way, if you have ever heard of the place, it is as rough as they say.

tyleecw said:
So, I'm going to Jacksonville in a couple weeks to take my oldest son his truck. He is stationed at the Naval Base there and needs a way to get around the next few years. Figure we would make a long weekend of it. I don't want to drag the trailer everywhere we go so figured we could drop it at the hotel (maybe on base).

Anyways, does anyone have suggestions on a good way to secure it or ??????

My oldest is stationed at NAS Jacksonville and will be transferred to Mayport by December. Small world. I was born and raised in Jacksonville.

BPINAZ said:
My oldest is stationed at NAS Jacksonville and will be transferred to Mayport by December. Small world. I was born and raised in Jacksonville.
Anything fun to do there? Only staying for a long weekend. Last time there I had no reason to go back till now. Maybe I was in the wrong part of town. :dunno:

Latest posts