• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer tie down straps

hoss250

Anyone know where to get quality trailer tie down straps with axle loops in the south end, hopefully near Tacoma? Thanks

Look up "Becks Custom Tiedowns". I think she's still around and IIRC was based out of that area.

The other option would be "MAC's Custom Tiedown". I would suspect 4wp's or other 4x4 shops (or some speed shops) might have them in stock.

Can't go wrong either way.

I was just talking with a buddy who lost his rig off his trailer , went into the back of his tow rig wrecked his tailgate canopy and box corner
his ratchet straps came lose .
I would only use chains , but thats just me.......

Go to freeway trailers in fife. Go to the service dept and ask for Jack (Biglug here). He will take care of you.:awesomework:

i chain mine down and every one sais it's not leagle ,they tell me nylon is whats the norm,ive seen alot of gear chaind down on lowboys and tilt decks,so thats how i roll and have never had a issue..they say alway's smack your binders and my budy smaked one when we were in elbe 2 weeks ago and it sprung open so i think thats a good idea aswell.

I order all my **** from online.......got my straps from PolyPerformance.....$250 shipped. I use 4 short, axle-loop tie downs. I treat them like **** (heavily weathered, tightend on sharp corners, etc.) and have never had an issue with them, going on 3 years. They do come loose at times, but......so can (and do, with my experience) chains. More the fault of the user than the product.

P.S. I would never use "only" 2 straps, or two lenghts of chain for that matter. 4 is better.:awesomework:

I was just talking with a buddy who lost his rig off his trailer , went into the back of his tow rig wrecked his tailgate canopy and box corner
his ratchet straps came lose .
I would only use chains , but thats just me.......
He did something wrong or had a catastrophic equipment failure (can happen with strap OR chains OR anything else).

I've used straps (for vehicles) almost exclusively for my personal junk going on 7-8 years. Never had a failure that wasn't my fault. And no major failures at that. You just need to be aware of what your goings, strap it all down, then check it again a couple miles down the road (as you should with ALL loads, chains, straps, bungees, shoe strings..).

I also use locking ratchets with locking strap hooks for vehicles (NOT open cargo straps... those are for cargo)

That said, if someone wants to use chains thats perfectly fine. Done right there is nothing wrong with them, in fact, typically overkill. And they do have their own advantages over straps. I just get annoyed when folks bad mount straps which, when done right, do the job as intended quit well. And have some user friendly advantages over chain to boot.

I order all my **** from online.......got my straps from PolyPerformance.....$250 shipped. I use 4 short, axle-loop tie downs. I treat them like **** (heavily weathered, tightend on sharp corners, etc.) and have never had an issue with them, going on 3 years. They do come loose at times, but......so can (and do, with my experience) chains. More the fault of the user than the product.

P.S. I would never use "only" 2 straps, or two lenghts of chain for that matter. 4 is better.:awesomework:

Thats expensive.:rolleyes:

i also agree on the use of two chains per axle ,then you will still be tied down when the week link sais hi to you behind your back at 65 mph:awesomework:

Another vote for Beck's up in Edgewood/Milton. Same as Mac's but local :cool:

As for straps coming loose, yeah... most likely not used correctly. Gotta have at least a few wraps around the drum to clamp on itself, and have to use straps made with the correct material.

Latest posts