• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trailer tires

nick c

Lewis & Clark bitches!
I know I've seen threads, but my search came up empty.

I need to replace a couple of my trailer tires. One has a nasty bulge now, and two have been plugged multiple times.

These are the original tires, so they are 2 going on 3 years old but haven't seen that many miles. Pretty disappointed that they are falling apart already, i know sitting for weeks at a time isn't great for them but there has to be something better out there.

Who is running what on their wheeler hauler trailers? Anyone running an LT tire? Just looking for info on what other people are running and having luck with.

I've been running load range E 235/85/16 LT tires on my 26' 2-jeep hauler for a couple years now and have been happy with them.

Nick, you must have Carlisle tires.

I run load range E 16 inch light truck tires on my 24 foot deckover.

Hauled two rigs on it to the hammers just fine with no issues.

I have put TONS of miles on them. They were $100 at the wrecking yard and still look like new.

Im not impressed with trailer tires. And Im down right afraid of Carlisle tires and Firestone tires. JUNK.

I just removed the crap trailer tires form my boat trailer and replaced them with some stylish whitewalls.

Nick, you must have Carlisle tires.

I run load range E 16 inch light truck tires on my 24 foot deckover.

Hauled two rigs on it to the hammers just fine with no issues.

I have put TONS of miles on them. They were $100 at the wrecking yard and still look like new.

Im not impressed with trailer tires. And Im down right afraid of Carlisle tires and Firestone tires. JUNK.

I just removed the crap trailer tires form my boat trailer and replaced them with some stylish whitewalls.

I had those garbage carlisle a while back too, big sideall bulges i returned them and got some like haul america or trail america somethin or rathers they seem to be holding up well so far have probably 2-3K on them is all though

The trail america tire will fail too if hauling heavy. Tomsbrokeagain has had them separate at the tread and bulge at the side wall. Goodyear was the only MFG. that made the size he needed in a high enough load rating but they aren't cheap.

Wow, i can't believe all the knockin' on trailer tires...I can't recall the brand of tire on my trailer, but they have seen numerous trips to the Cheez, both in the summer (wheelin'), and the winter (huntin'), many local hauls, and a couple hauls to CDA Idaho, even a few to canada...thousands of miles overall since I bought the trailer used in '05, but the previous owner put new tires on it right before selling...they are still about 35% or so, with zero cracking/bulges...

Wow, i can't believe all the knockin' on trailer tires...I can't recall the brand of tire on my trailer, but they have seen numerous trips to the Cheez, both in the summer (wheelin'), and the winter (huntin'), many local hauls, and a couple hauls to CDA Idaho, even a few to canada...thousands of miles overall since I bought the trailer used in '05, but the previous owner put new tires on it right before selling...they are still about 35% or so, with zero cracking/bulges...

You tow a riding lawn mower though...:fawkdancesmiley:

:haha::haha::haha:
It's a ****ing weedeater alright!
:flipoff:
When I tow east, it's usually close to or at max load rating, the sami weighs 3300, plus all tools, spare parts, etc, gas, PLUS a 1000lb tote of shaved ice on the tongue....

Last edited:

:haha: :haha:

:haha::haha::haha:
It's a ****ing weedeater alright!

Are you sure it is even that big there Kev???

haha i think i have found ya an upgrade!!! :fawkdancesmiley:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B9zt3SF_Flc#t=215s[/YT]

Goodyear 235/85r16, load G, made in america 100% steel belted radial:awesomework:

Sit down when you here the price as you could buy a whole set of cheap tires for one of mine.

Last edited:
make sure you straighten the trailer out when parking it and not leaving the sidewall stressed after you unhook it. i ruined 5 tires before i figured this out on my triple axle.

make sure you straighten the trailer out when parking it and not leaving the sidewall stressed after you unhook it. i ruined 5 tires before i figured this out on my triple axle.

This. I can easily see the stress put on my tires when turning even a 2-axle trailer. I blew out 2 year old Carlyle's on my trip this march towing a 2011 Camaro, not impressed with them.

Luckily the guys at discount not only replaced both for ~$110, they also gave me a warranty (that I should have purchased 2 years ago) for all 4!

Yeah the Carlisle's are horrible. My Dad's triple axle toyhauler had all 6 separate tread all in one piece within the first 3k miles. Carlisle warrantied them all and the new ones separated in 1000miles. His new tires are now G rated and have been problem free I can't remember what brand they are though.

Latest posts