• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailer to Trade

Trailabite

Anyone want to trade trailers?

What I have:

21' (18' deck + 3' Beavertail) CAM deckover trailer. Bought April 2021, have title. 6 months left on factory warranty. Has not been modified.

Looking for something along the lines of a PJ buggy hauler (102"W x 22' to 24'L)

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 138
I stopped at my local trailer place Saturday to pick up all new brakes for my new to me gooseneck and I asked about new trailer prices and he said they are up 60%, my bumper pull I bought new 8 years ago for 3200 bucks is now 85000. Hell no. Keep what ya got u less ya really make out on a trade

I stopped at my local trailer place Saturday to pick up all new brakes for my new to me gooseneck and I asked about new trailer prices and he said they are up 60%, my bumper pull I bought new 8 years ago for 3200 bucks is now 85000. Hell no. Keep what ya got u less ya really make out on a trade
Yep, I bought this one last year and the price was insane but, I needed a trailer at that time and it was available lol. The lots were bare back then. I did find a PJ buggy hauler in cummings and I'm waiting to see what they offer me on a trade in. My guess is it's not going to work out but, we'll see.

kinda curious as to what you're going for with the low-pro deckover vs buggy hauler?

I had a 20' buggy hauler, it was nice, but seems like a deckover would be a lot more verstile, especially for hauling virtually anything besides a buggy.

kinda curious as to what you're going for with the low-pro deckover vs buggy hauler?

I had a 20' buggy hauler, it was nice, but seems like a deckover would be a lot more verstile, especially for hauling virtually anything besides a buggy.
I'm old and want to be closer to the ground lol. Really just looking for a few more feet on the deck.

Yep, I bought this one last year and the price was insane but, I needed a trailer at that time and it was available lol. The lots were bare back then. I did find a PJ buggy hauler in cummings and I'm waiting to see what they offer me on a trade in. My guess is it's not going to work out but, we'll see.
As I suspected, low trade in on mine and non negotiable on their price!

As I suspected, low trade in on mine and non negotiable on their price!
Sounds about right there.

Issue I've had with the buggy hauler style trailer, is that even though I'm on standard width tons, I'm still too narrow at 86" to drive over both drive over fenders at the same time. Had to make wooden drive overs similar to yours to set beside my metal drive overs.

Issue I've had with the buggy hauler style trailer, is that even though I'm on standard width tons, I'm still too narrow at 86" to drive over both drive over fenders at the same time. Had to make wooden drive overs similar to yours to set beside my metal drive overs.
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Sounds like I need to take Zjmans advice and just keep what I have.

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Sounds like I need to take Zjmans advice and just keep what I have.
Just toss a tape measure on a potential trailer and know your rig measurements to see how it would fit.

I could just barely get a 39" Red sidewall on each drive over so not exactly a good feeling considering the history of those sidewalls.

Deck over trailer is pretty sweet, my zj buggy fit very well on my bumper pull, it had one fender that was removable, went tons on my next rig and trailer was a bitch to load on. Pretty much destroyed the other fender so I cut it off and rig still barely fit, now I have a gooseneck. Will never go back to a bumper pull all though I still got my old one for now. My advice is to keep it or trade a individual on a trailer that you want. Probably be hard to find that person though, you could sell it outright and go buy one ya want but I'd say ur still gonna lose

Why would it matter if you're driving over one fender vs both at the same time? I'm around the same width and I've been driving over just the left fender since I got the trailer

Why would it matter if you're driving over one fender vs both at the same time? I'm around the same width and I've been driving over just the left fender since I got the trailer
It was just personal preference/comfort really. Main reason I went with a buggy hauler style trailer was to make loading/unloading easier. Pull straight on and back straight off. My old trailer had a single piece of tube as a fender, which was just wide enough to squeeze through without any maneuvering.

With the current homemade buggy hauler trailer, I tried it a couple of times pulling over top of the left fender then turning right to get centered-ish on the trailer, probably similar to you. Didn't really like how that felt, and always figured I'd somehow cut a sidewall when loading/unloading. Plus I just don't like changing a working process.

So when I disassembled part of our old deck I just reused some of that wood to widen my drive overs. Now I get to pull straight on/off without any issues.

It was just personal preference/comfort really. Main reason I went with a buggy hauler style trailer was to make loading/unloading easier. Pull straight on and back straight off. My old trailer had a single piece of tube as a fender, which was just wide enough to squeeze through without any maneuvering.

With the current homemade buggy hauler trailer, I tried it a couple of times pulling over top of the left fender then turning right to get centered-ish on the trailer, probably similar to you. Didn't really like how that felt, and always figured I'd somehow cut a sidewall when loading/unloading. Plus I just don't like changing a working process.

So when I disassembled part of our old deck I just reused some of that wood to widen my drive overs. Now I get to pull straight on/off without any issues.
Gotcha. Get some SXs then you won't have to worry about the sidewalls :)

Gotcha. Get some SXs then you won't have to worry about the sidewalls :)
Man if I had a nickel for sidewall jokes I could almost afford one of them SX's. :rolf:

Truth be told, I've had good luck out of the Reds and only cut one sidewall. Guy 45 minutes away did a good job of vulcanizing it for $100. Now spinning them in the mud after the annual rain during RBD is a different story. :driving:

My rig is 93" wide, on SXs and I still can't straddle both fenders properly.

I end up driving over one only.

I just got myself a narrower trailer so I could (had to) drive over both fenders. Problem solved. Lol

A lot of the trophy truck trailers that you see are actually narrower for this reason.
It's also easier to tow in the smaller roads of baja.

2015-07-20_15-56-35.jpg

Latest posts