• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trailer winch

bobracing

I'm looking for a trail winch, pulling dead cars of whatever happens to be the flavor of the day. I know a 8000# Warn would be nice but it's just not in the budget, and haven't been keeping up on winches either so I'm not really sure what is out there.
Is there a inexpensive winch that will work good for this?

It all depend's on how you mount it.See if you can find a warn 8274 then.But if it was me and the winch was going on my trailer I'd go with the harbor freight winch it's slow but get's the job done!
I think there is a thread in here"hell winches"or something to that effect.Read the artical...Just my two cent's

me personally i would stick a cheapo winch on my trailer cause there is really a whole lot of drag or strain just getting somthing on a trailer, saw a guy using an 8274 on his trailer this weekend at moses lake and thought it was a waste of a good winch

You can get the base (old style) Warn M8000 for under $525.99 at 4wheel parts. Why would you want to go HF?

On my trailer I just sold I was running a superwinch 3500lbs trailer winch. It was made to sit out in the weather on a trailer. It was mounted on a 2" receiver mount. Worked awsome, would pull up a full size no problem. I kept the winch when I sold my trailer and I do have it for sale right now. Winch on the mount for $175.

Get the 8k winch at Costco. It comes with mounting plate, roller fairlead and snatch block for $299. If it doesn't work out just take it back. :cool: