• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailgear---vs---Marlin Crawler

I have had nothing but good luck with the customer service, prices, parts, fit, finish, quality, and shipping times that I have received from Trail Gear...

I'm not sure of a quality difference but I buy TG because of local availability. Earlier this year I ordered a bunch of misc suff from Marlin hoping to get my rig together in time for a upcomming run. They took my order, billed my visa, then 3 days later called to say some of the stuff was back ordered and they didn't have a date yet. Between Odie and Bob's I was able to get all of what I needed from TG ASAP. If you have a problem w/ a TG part it's nice to have a chance to swap it out locally and be back on the trail..........
Just my $.02:corn:

as a TG dealer i have had very little problems with any of the orders i've put through. when there has been an issue, they were very quick to make it right.

this thread is pointless and should be locked!!! this debate has been done several times on this board alone!!

i personally have never had a problem with tg. i know someone who just had a steering arm warrentied out no questions asked. they always answer their phone.
i have waited for marlin products,and cancelled an order before.

hell i just got an email from tg they have a good sale going on now...
and they sale rc crawlers for you web wheelers who dont know how to make up your mind on what product you want to buy.
and if you didnt know chris,and matt are not running the day to day of tg anymore!
just go with who you want and do some research like i said this debate is old!!!

this thread is pointless and should be locked!!! this debate has been done several times on this board alone!!

i personally have never had a problem with tg. i know someone who just had a steering arm warrentied out no questions asked. they always answer their phone.
i have waited for marlin products,and cancelled an order before.

hell i just got an email from tg they have a good sale going on now...
and they sale rc crawlers for you web wheelers who dont know how to make up your mind on what product you want to buy.
and if you didnt know chris,and matt are not running the day to day of tg anymore!
just go with who you want and do some research like i said this debate is old!!!

X100!! They both make quality parts in my opinion, and customer service is handled by HUMANS. HUMANS can have bad days and make mistakes. Choose what works best for you. This thread needs to be :lock:.

If i did the toy thing again it would be marlin based on 1 thing. The way business is done in this day and age. Im an american in the manufacturing industry. Enuf said.

I can appreciate what marlin has done for yota's. I buy **** from him because this is a dude you want to keep workin, an innovator. Not saying I've never used trailgear or won't in the future, but when I buy **** from trailgear I kinda feel dirty and don't want anybody to know.

From what i've seen Marlin products are better quality (at least the stuff he has made) but if you can't afford him then Trail-gear is a decent substitute until you get more cash.

tg vs marlin thread #2,009,248.1

If i were looking t buy a rubber for bigfoots **** i'd go with Marlin Crawler. On the other hand if i were looking for unicorn piss definitely TG. :awesomework:

nice input everyone. i have had good experiences with both TG and MC. although TG does mimic MC, its cheaper and i havnt ever had anything break from them. but i like the idea of supporting MC since they are the originals..keep the replys coming. good to hear from every1.

-i talk 2 much- hah!